• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Biddle

Re: Biddle- More Biddles

I am trying to do a bit of research for my cousin who is a Biddle by birth.

Her father was Derrick John Biddle born in Birmingham 08/01/1940, I have found his birth record which states mothers maiden name as Horsell.

I have searched but cannot find any details that may suggest his mother and fathers first names (marriage record etc)

I may be able to get further details when I next speak to my cousin (unfortunately both parents died when she was a teenager)

Mrs Biddle, of Summer Hill Terrace had 2/3? houses which she converted into Bedsit accomadation, i rented one circa 1953, she had relatives who ran a guesthouse in Margate. Len.

Hi Speedy
Sorry I can't help with your query but was wondering if you are related to Philip Biddle - born c. 1944 as I am looking for an old friend whom I was at school with in Birmingham.

Regards
Shirley

Hi Speedy
Sorry I can't help with your query but was wondering if you are related to Philip Biddle - born c. 1944 as I am looking for an old friend whom I was at school with in Birmingham.

Regards
Shirley
I was at school (Kings Heath) with a Biddle (Christian name will not surface). I was born 1943 so of a similar age.

I don't know the Biddles in your post but my cousin was Victor Biddle the chemist from Potters Hill, Aston and later Villa Road. His mother was my dad's sister, his father was James Biddle who would have been born around the late 1800's.
His family have been doing some research on their tree through Genes Reunited.
Maybe some connection? E.
Hello Second cousin Eric. Victor Biddle was my father. I know your post was quite a few years ago, but sure you still around? Please rely if so and I can validate this.

Hi I had an Uncle Frank Biddle he was a painter and decorator he had a shop in Slade Road Erdington he was married to my Auntie Jean they married in a church in Nechells they had 2 children Stephen and Helen I don't know my uncle Frank's date of birth but my may of some information about where my aunt met him and where the family came from

Hi there
I know this thread in searching the biddle family started a very long time ago and i mentionioned the biddles of Aston
whom was money lenders around the top end of six ways towards birchfield road way
and i did mention about the stories of my mother and her family the jelf,s the coffee house people
and how they went to the biddles house and venues of part,s of what ever occasion
but it was a regular thing with the jelfs and bidles get together at there part,s and at the certain pub on constitution hill
and i would like to asked i think it was a person named carole sent me an em about two years back saying she had a picture of a biddle whom she knew or was related to
I have been going through my old files searching for some think, a presto i found the dates i was looking for two years
Ago requesting the same question ,yes the biddles of Aston,
So as i have seen some one else serching the biddles, here is my connection to the biddles
My Grand parents and my mother to them was there only child and they was Ernest jelf and bertha victoria Hinton
And my mothers name was Joyce Ivy Beatrice Jelf whom came from Aston , [ Prliment street ] number 4
and they ran there shops all around Aston , HOCKLEY , and the city centre and in Erdington and there home
and business was in at number 1 new cannal street digbeth
And the family connections to my mothers family namely the Jelf,s was because my grand father,s older brother
Married to Alice Biddle in Aston in 1912 and a reference number if you persue any doc, is ref, 6d 626
and his name was Henry Jelf marrige to Alice biddle of Aston
I know this from fact as well as my mother used to tell us about her family and her younger days right up until she
Got married to my father from george road erdinton and they disagreed over her choice so they wrote her out of there lives
Best wishes Alan,, Astonian,,,,

Hi guys just add a litle add on to the previous thread regarding the Biddles partys and yes i said yesterday
that i coiuld not recall the pub they used and partyed all night hours was in fact the Lord Clifton if any body recalls that one
and the jelfs kept a B@B two doors from the clifton pub and also around in Grt Hampton Street
And Henry Jelf was the second eldest son of the brothers whom married Alice
I had to bring it up on the thread because i should know my pubs off by heart for being involved in the game
for years best wishes Alan,, Astonian,,

Hi I had an Uncle Frank Biddle he was a painter and decorator he had a shop in Slade Road Erdington he was married to my Auntie Jean they married in a church in Nechells they had 2 children Stephen and Helen I don't know my uncle Frank's date of birth but my may of some information about where my aunt met him and where the family came from
My Grandparents were Frank and Jean, both sadly passed away now. My dad is Stephen Biddle.

Back