• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Bickley Family

Momof4evers

Moving to England next summer (August 2021), and I'm excited to retrace my roots - which I have to King's Norton, Worchestshire. The surname is Bickley. My great-grandfather was Henry Bickley. My grandfather is Charles James Bickley. As a family they emigrated to Philadelphia, PA via NY. Hoping to meet with any siblings' families of Henry when I come!

Momof4evers,

Welcome to the Forum. It's possible to do most research online now, though at a price, of course. I'm not familiar with the surname, and perhaps the nearest I get to it is the name Bicknell on my late wife's side. However, don't hesitate to use the Search Facility, top right of every page, and to ask questions and we'll do our best to help.

Maurice :cool:

There's a Harry/Henry Bickley b1865 Edgbaston son of William Bickley & Mary Ann Bromley. He's in Philadelphia as is his father.

Moving to England next summer (August 2021), and I'm excited to retrace my roots - which I have to King's Norton, Worchestshire. The surname is Bickley. My great-grandfather was Henry Bickley. My grandfather is Charles James Bickley. As a family they emigrated to Philadelphia, PA via NY. Hoping to meet with any siblings' families of Henry when I come!
Sounds like we may have a connection.
My great grandfather was a Charles Henry Bickley who lived in Kings Norton. He was born in 1850, one of a family of 9 children. In 1881 he lived at 1 King Alfred Street, Kings Norton - occupation was Brassfounder.
I have found Bickley ancestors going back to the 1600s. If you can send more info I can check to see if we are near to a match/

Momof4evers,

Welcome to the Forum. It's possible to do most research online now, though at a price, of course. I'm not familiar with the surname, and perhaps the nearest I get to it is the name Bicknell on my late wife's side. However, don't hesitate to use the Search Facility, top right of every page, and to ask questions and we'll do our best to help.

Maurice :cool:
Hello, I am looking to trace a much loved teacher of my mum’s. She was at Thornton Road School in the early 1940s. Mr Dallow was her teacher and she found him so inspirational in the handful of years she had there. He will no doubt not be with us any more but I know she’d like to thank any relatives of his that may still be with us. It feels like a long shot but worth asking if anyone might know the family. Thank you.

There's an Albert C Dallow listed as a Schoolmaster on the 1939 register, living on Sandhurst Avenue which is not far from Thornton Road.

He appears to have been born in 1907 Oakengates, Shropshire, married a Gertrude M George in 1934 and died in Gloucester 1985. Albert and Gertrude don't seem to have had any children.

My goodness, thank you so much for taking the time to look out this information. That is so kind of you. I shall feed back to my mum. I’m really grateful to you.

There's an Albert C Dallow listed as a Schoolmaster on the 1939 register, living on Sandhurst Avenue which is not far from Thornton Road.

He appears to have been born in 1907 Oakengates, Shropshire, married a Gertrude M George in 1934 and died in Gloucester 1985. Albert and Gertrude don't seem to have had any children.

My goodness, thank you so much for finding this informations for me. That is so helpful and I shall feed back to my mum. I’m sorry he didn’t have any children, he sounded wonderful with his pupils and my mum would have loved to have made contact. Many thanks again, I really appreciate it, you are very kind indeed.

Back