• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

BHF Summer Meet Up...... On the Day

Re: Bhf summer meet up (plus a chance to meet sarunte43)

Another enjoyable meeting at my favourite Birmingham pub. It was great to meet our Canadian friends and I wish them a safe journey home next week.
Met and spoke with the usual vagrants! Even managed to win 2 prizes! How weird is that. Even more weird is that Kelly told me she wanted the make up bag, so as Eric's painting had gone (and I was miffed about not winning it), I told her if I won a prize I'd get it for her and she said if she won she's get me the bottle of wine (which she had brought).
One of my tickets were drawn so Kelly got the bag and then she won so I got the wine. Result!
Thanks again to the indomitable Lyn for her organisation and to Rosie for a smashing pub.

I don't know know what I was doing in Eric's photo..ha ha I was on orange juice too!

Ben_at_Pengarreg_011.JPGBen_at_Pengarreg_012.JPGBen_at_Pengarreg_013.JPGBen_at_Pengarreg_014.JPG

Great meeting in great company, thank you very much Lyn for all the work you put into the organising.
£105 .00 raised for site funds, thanks to you all. :encouragement:

well what a lovely afternoon that was....thanks to everyone who turned up today....lovely to meet our canadian friends shirley (i think its shirleys grandad who hails from aston)..barbara..barbs bro bob and his wife sylvia...think ive got that right...

well done to you david for swap on the raffle prize with kelly... would have hated to have seen you walking down price st with that bag lol...

for the first time ever the bosses wife hilary won a prize and chose erics lovely painting and shirley from canada was over the moon when eric presented her with a painting of the bull pub to take back home on tuesday...eric you are so very kind..

jim we actually received £115 for our forum funds as someone gave another £10 after the raffle had closed....

managed to take a few piccies which i shall post later on or in the morning...once again thank you all for coming it was a pleasure to be part of it and long may the BHF BANDWAGON ROLL ON....:encouragement:

lyn x

Last edited:

It was a wonderful meet, as usual...the make up bag will be very useful, hope you enjoy the wine David...good amount for forum funds again

cant wait for the next meet
kelly

good to see you kel....watch this space for the next one....but not just yet lol....sorted a few piccies out and will post them tomorrow...

As others have said, a really good meet, nice to meet everyone again especially Shirley and Co. from Canada. Looking forward to the next one, thanks for organising everything Lyn.
Lynne.

Sorry we couldn't make it this time, spent a hot day moving my daughter from Merseyside to Coventry, only for the car to play up on the way home!Glad you had a good time and safe journey home Shirley.
Sue, mom and dad

Very nice to meet some of you today.I was a bit late due to circumstances beyond my control but I enjoyed every minute.Regards,BobS.

Very nice to meet some of you today.I was a bit late due to circumstances beyond my control but I enjoyed every minute.Regards,BobS.

great to see you bob am looking forward to seeing you post those pics you have...

jimbo has also got some never seen before pics of farm st before demo which he is going to email to me so that i can post them on the farm st thread....cant wait to see those..

sue i hope to see you all at the next meet...

lyn.x

Pleased to hear you all had a good "Meet" yesterday ( BHF Meets are always good though, aren't they?). I would liked to have been there but previous committment prevented.

Glad to see you all had a good time, as per. Will try and make the next one, honest! Amazed Wendy can still look demented even on orange juice hahahahah.:emmersed::emmersed:
Weather forecast for Canterbury: Heavy rain and thunderstorms.
Reality: Hot dry day with clear blue skies - we carried around rucksacks with macs and umbrellas and wore shoes rather than sandals and bl**dy sweltered.
I raised a glass of Chardonnay (ok .. half a lager) to you all at lunchtime though!

Good to see all your piccies. Now Lyn, put those chips back where you got them from! Viv.

hi charlie hope you enjoyed canterbury...

chocks hope to see you at the next one..

and oh carol i really thought i had got away with having my pic taken....just you wait till i get mine on later lol....great to see you there...

hi viv just thought i would taste them lol...i actually had the minted lamb shank which is always lovely...couldnt move after as i was well bloated

lyn x

BHF SUMMER MEET 27TH JULY 2013 015.JPGthis one showing 3 of our canadian friends.. from left to right .shirley..bob and sylvia...think barb was on a walk about oh and you all know eric...

BHF SUMMER MEET 27TH JULY 2013 015.JPGBHF SUMMER MEET 27TH JULY 2013 017.JPGdid not realise i had taken so many..pic 2 of shirley proudly holding the painting of the bull that eric gave her to take back home...

Sorry we couldn't make it this time, spent a hot day moving my daughter from Merseyside to Coventry, only for the car to play up on the way home!Glad you had a good time and safe journey home Shirley.
Sue, mom and dad

We wondered where you were as you were missed.

Just too add my congratulations to Lyn and all concerned for another fine "meet". Great pictures, well done. As the song goes "Let's have another one"
jimbo

Just too add my congratulations to Lyn and all concerned for another fine "meet". Great pictures, well done. As the song goes "Let's have another one"
jimbo

good to see you and wife jimbo...as they say..watch this space...

lyn

Back