• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

BhF Christmas Meet 2014 On the Day

Had a lovely afternoon, thanks everybody, well done Lyn another success. I didn't win in the raffle, nothing new there, but my daughter Kelly won the nibs and gave them to me, really pleased about that.
Merry Christmas everyone.
Lynne.

hi folks had problems with me lappy..glad you all had a good time i really enjoyed it....thanks to everyone for turning up...glad you got the pen nibs lynne.i got what i wanted...the brass book mark...

lyn

Last edited:
06-12-14 006.jpg06-12-14 008.jpgMorning all, nice day Saturday, good to see you all enjoying yourselves,afraid I only took two photos.
Phil, nice to meet you,it was the cough mixture that made you fall down the step.

Attachments

• 06-12-14 006.jpg
    06-12-14 006.jpg
    251.4 KB · Views: 73
John

nice to meet you at last, and of course you are right about the cough medicine, I've tasted a lot of Malts in my time but that was a new experience. What was it called again "Cavonia". That's one I will remember not to sample again.

Jimbo,

Please thank your wife for providing a soft landing, I just hope I didn't hurt her as I'm no lightweight.

Had a great time, I think I was the only one on the table you didn't win a raffle prize! Oh well, Lynne Webb got her nibs (well she IS 'Er Nibs) and there's always the next time.
Hope everyone has a lovely Christmas.

Hi all,
came to the Meetup and it was great to be amongst a friendly bunch of Brummies, didn't get to speak to many members as it was busy. Astoness made me and hubby welcome and part of it all , looking forward to the next Meetup already :))
would like to Wish all members A Happy Christmas and a peaceful New Year
love Erdogladys (Sharon) and Patrick xx

I couldnt make it as someone took a liking to the back of my car and decided to right it off, so stuck at home nursing my bruises. Glad eveyone had a good time. Well done again Lyn

Glad to hear the meeting went well. I would like to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. My very Best Wishes to all,

Chris

Looks like all had a great time at the Bull. Oh, yes and the step, it's one I'll try not to take again my next trip to Bham....

All the best to everyone, have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year
From Barb, Bill, Sylvia and me.

Shirley

Sounds like everyone had a good time, even managing to have a soft landing - well caught young lady!! - Look forward to the next meet up and to make sure we get there I will make Bishoppete have the bedrest the week before!

John

nice to meet you at last, and of course you are right about the cough medicine, I've tasted a lot of Malts in my time but that was a new experience. What was it called again "Cavonia". That's one I will remember not to sample again.

Jimbo,

Please thank your wife for providing a soft landing, I just hope I didn't hurt her as I'm no lightweight.

Phil, as I said,no harm done and the wife was happy to provide a soft landing although it came as quite a surprise.

Great photos and you all look to have had a great time. The pub made me a wee bit homesick and I don't think I was ever in the place.
Who cleans all those jugs etc. and who really cares Heh!
All of you have a Merry Festive Season and take care so we can all catch up in the New Year, Cheers Tim.

BHF XMAS MEET 2014 001.JPGBHF XMAS MEET 2014 002.JPGBHF XMAS MEET 2014 005.JPGBHF XMAS MEET 2014 006.JPGhi folks i managed to take just a few photos but lost my usb lead...just found it so here they are

lyn

Lyn,

These are all great photographs, but I wish some one could put some names to them. Living in Norfolk, I constantly read the BHF threads, which are always amazing, with some very knowledgeable people contributing, but it would be nice to put a face to a name.

Eddie

Nice photos Lyn. Could you possibly put a name to the posers so i know who i`m throwing my darts at? (Just me being silly as usual) A very merry & healthy Christmas & New Year to all members.

I'm the one with me eyes closed clutching half of mild. I was trying to daintily recover from tripping up, hoping no-one had seen me. There wasn't even a step involved! Viv.

post 46 pic 2 from right to left....john knight..phil...mikejee..mallyb2

viv well done for staying upright lol

post 45 pic 4...with her back to us is vicky then her sister kelly then we have viv just hanging onto her drink then comes terryb18

Thank you Wendy and Lyn for posting the pictures of the meet. I really wanted to come but woke up with a migraine :( it looks as if you all had a great time and the Bull looks a lovely pub. I can see lots of faces I know but also lots I don't - feel sad I missed out on seeing old friends and meeting new ones. Well done to Lyn for arranging another successful meet and to everyone for the funds raised for the forum. Hopefully I will make the next one! Thanks again for the photos :)

Ken and I had a great time at the meet, lovely to put names to faces. Great food, great company. Many thanks to Lynn for organising it.
Wishing you all a very merry Christmas and a happy & peaceful new year.

Erdogladys and hubby in first pic. Had a lovely time at our first meet up, with a friendly bunch of Brummies, a pint and some food what more could you ask for :)) x

hi katrina and erdogladys so pleased you all had a good time.....
:encouragement:
lyn xx

Back