• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Bhf 15th Birthday Meet Up

Astoness

TRUE BRUMMIE MODERATOR
Staff member
BHF 15TH BIRTHDAY MEET UP:)

HI FOLKS...THIS MEET UP IS A SPECIAL ONE AND YOU ARE ALL INVITED TO THE PARTY:) IT IS 15 YEARS THIS JULY SINCE BHF WAS FORMED..WE HAVE HAD OUR UPS AND DOWNS BUT HERE WE ARE STILL FLYING THE FLAG FOR THE THE HISTORY OF BIRMINGHAM..FOR THOSE MEMBERS WHO ARE NOT AWARE ABOUT 7 YEARS AGO THIS FORUM WAS ON THE BRINK OF CLOSING DOWN THEN ALONG CAME JIM (POSTIE) AND HIS SON WARREN WHO STEPPED INTO THE BREACH TOOK ON BHF AND SAVED US SO A MASSIVE THANK YOU :) ALSO A BIG THANK YOU TO OUR MEMBERS FOR YOUR WONDERFUL POSTS AND SUPPORT EITHER BY USING THE DONATE BUTTON OR CONTRIBUTING OUR MEET UP RAFFLES WHICH KEEPS US RUNNING:) CARL CHINN HAS CALLED US " A UNIQUE PRO ACTIVE HISTORY FORUM" (NEED I SAY MORE)

AS ALWAYS ITS GOOD TO MEET NEW MEMBERS AT OUR MEET UPS...MANY FRIENDSHIPS HAVE BEEN FORMED BY ATTENDING THEM AND WE ALWAYS HAVE A GREAT TIME...EVERY ONE IS MOST WELCOME AND PLEASE BRING ALONG ANY FAMILY OR FRIENDS..NO PROBLEMS WITH JUST TURNING UP ON SPECK BUT AN IDEA OF NUMBERS WOULD BE USEFUL..ITS GREAT TO GET A LOAD OF BRUMMIES UNDER ONE ROOF SO HOPE TO SEE SOME OF YOU SOON:):)AS USUAL THE LIST IS FOR HOPING TO ATTEND AS WE ALL KNOW THAT THINGS CAN CROP UP AT THE LAST MIN

ONCE AGAIN WE WILL BE HOLDING A RAFFLE ...ALL PROCEEDS WILL GO TO OUR FORUM FUNDS AND ANY DONTATIONS OF RAFFLE PRIZES WILL BE MOST WELCOME..THE BULL IS A LOVELY OLD PUB THAT SERVES TRADITIONAL FOOD AND WE ALWAYS RECEIVE A WARM WELCOME FROM ROSE THE LANDLADY...:) SO ONCE AGAIN FOLKS...LET THE BHF BANDWAGON ROLL..HAPPY BIRTHDAY BIRMINGHAM HISTORY FORM.. DETAILS BELOW

VENUE..THE BULL PUB..LOVEDAY ST/PRICE ST ..B4 6JU (ample parking)
DATE..SATURDAY THE 22ND OF JULY
TIME..MIDDAY KICK OFF

MEMBERS HOPING TO ATTEND..

ROSIELAB...
MAYFIELD..
ASTONESS..MARK..GEORGE..
MIKEJEE..
MORTURN..
COOKIE273UK (eric)...
ROB DERRY..PLUS POSS 3
PHIL..
POSTIE..(JIM)...
LYNNE WEBB..
VICKI...
KEY HILL BRIAN..
LADY PENELOPE AND PARKER..
DAVID FOWLER..
ROBERT..
GRAHAM AND JO...
NICK..
SHIRLEY...POSTIES SIS
HILARY..POSTIES BOSS
STEVE.R..
GINGERJON (JOHN HOUGHTON AND WIFE JUNE..
KELLY

bullout1.jpg bullout1.jpg

Last edited:
thats great mabz......dont worry i will try and find you a winning ticket;) there must be one out there somewhere for you:D

lyn

I really wanted to go to this one.
I have a date with the Hippodrome on this date so I'm sure some members will be pleased but I won't be going.:(

not happy froth not happy at all:mad::D never mind there will be others...enjoy the hipp trip:)

lyn

Put my name down Lyn, will enter the following 2 paintings for the raffle with probably another one (not yet painted). The Doctors, junction Witton Lane/Church Lane, Aston and old Moseley village 1890 (?)The Doctors Aston Hall Road.jpg Old Moseley village.JPG . Eric

hello eric 2 wonderful paintings..once again thank you so much for your generosity...i can see a scramble for raffle tickets again:D you are a star....will add your name...

lyn xx

hi rob thats great..be good to meet you..hope you can all be there:)dont forget folks that the bull do bed and breakfast as well...just in case you enjoy yourselves that much you dont want to leave:D

lyn

happy to add jim (POSTIE) no point having a birthday bash if the gaffer is not present:D

All being well - I'll be there.
Got a book ready for the raffle - one of Ron 'Smudge' Smith's

thats great brian glad you can join in the celebrations:) and may thanks for the raffle prize...i have 2 of rons books...great read

lyn

Last edited:
Back