• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

B'ham Works Amateur Football Association

Rob1

Slightly off topic but concerned with football teams and work. Does anyone know anything about a Wednesday league? Dad worked at the Co-op on Stockland Green in the 1920's / 30's. He played on a Wednesday afternoon for a team which I believe was called Erdington Wednesday. I also remember Mom telling me that there was a cartoon in the paper of Dad playing football with his arms drawn in as ivy. He had a girlfriend named Ivy. Mom threw it away - her name was Doris!
Hi
I think our Dads would have known each other, my Dad worked at the Coop , played for Erdington Wednesday league and played bicycle polo for the Clarion club. I have lots of info.

Lady Penelope

master brummie
Hi Rob1, just read your post on the bicycle polo thread and I'm even more excited now. Just sent you a PM and look forward to hearing from you. I'm sure I have some photos so will go and have a look now.

Lady Penelope

master brummie
I thought I had more than this one photo. Dad's on the left hand side of the group and seems to be a lot older (and bigger) than the rest of them. I've been trying to work out where it was taken - any ideas?

Attachments