• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Bevington Road Aston

What a great post. I started looking because my great grandparents John & Henrietta Bannister are listed in 1955 as living at 69 Bevington Road with their daughters Barbara & Marjorie and son in law William. Plus a Henry Downie who I'm not sure how is related. They are still there in 1965. The posts on here are fab and give me a little insight into them as I never knew them really, so thank you.

My Grandmother and second husband lived in Bevington Road jus before WW2 and after the war my brother lived there from the 1950s to about the late 70s. There were family friends who lived there for many years and then I thinks they moved to Australia. I stayed there with my brother and his family quite often in my late teens when my parents were on holiday. A great area

Does anybody know what address or name of the dentist this lady was referring to?
No promises but....

There was a Doctor George Arthur Wilkes at 49 Bevington Road from at least 1912 to at least 1939, although in the 1930s he (and his wife Clara Emily Catherine Wilkes?) actually lived at 120 Trinity Road. This terraced house (Bevington Rd) is on the corner of Trinity Road, and across Bevington Road on the other corner was the Upper Grounds pub, nicknamed I believe "The Ratpan" so perhaps the Dentist concerned was near this area.
Bevington .jpg

Back