• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Bevington - 1932 Back of High St, Bordesley

negritaspider

TunisianBrummie
Hello, looking for Macquaker - Alice and Ellen, who gave their address at their marriages in 1932 as 7/143 High St - showing as being occupied by the Bevington family.
Does anyone have any connections to Bevington that might be able to throw some light here please?!

Not sure if this is helpful or not but on Ellen's marriage record at St John Deritend it is Henry at 7/143 and Ellen is at 3/143. I imagine Henry might have lodged there.

Janice

In the 1930 electoral rolls , no 3 court 29 (which must be same as back 143) was occupied by Clarence Charles, Emily Elizabeth . and Clarence Henry Lorton, In 1935 it was
Clarence Charles, Frank Leonard, Clarence Henry & Alice Lorton

Hello everyone - firstly thanks for all your efforts on this!!
OK - Known facts:
Alice Macquaker married Frank Leonard Lorton in Feb 1932, so she is NOT the Alice Lorton in 1930 electoral roll.
Alice stated she was living at 7/143, and frank at 3/143. So Mike's info confirms.
Ellen (who I still do not know what her Relationship is to Alice) was living with Alice and Frank when she got married in Sept 1932 - so logic, a Macquaker with another Macquacker - but then her 'husband to be' was once again at 7/143...... it's driving me mad!!

Sorry, just realised I've done an oopsy!
Alice was of course on the 1935 electoral roll - hadn't read properly - Sorry Mike!

Back