• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Belgrave Road Pub?

Frank come

master brummie
My next door neighbour tells me that her mother was born above a pub in Belgrave Road, I sent off for a birth certificate and it showed that her mother was born in 1925 at: 2 back of 164 Belgrave Road.
Can anyone tell me if 164 Belgrave Road was a pub in 1925?

In the 1924 Kellys, which would refer to 1923, 166 is a beer retailer run by Arthur Fairbrother. 164 was a bookseller called "Under the Hammer". According to the 1911 census the pub at 166 was called the Lord Byron

In the 1924 Kellys, which would refer to 1923, 166 is a beer retailer run by Arthur Fairbrother. 164 was a bookseller called "Under the Hammer". According to the 1911 census the pub at 166 was called the Lord Byron
Thanks mikejee, The lord Byron would appear to be the answer to my question, again, many thanks.
Frank

Just working on my family tree and The Lord Byron, 166 Belgrave Road, came up as the home of my ancestor in the 1911 census. He was Joseph Guy and his wife Phoebe.

Back