• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Before and after

although we have met di what lovely pics of you.. and its great to put the faces of mike and john to the names....brillient thread

lyn:)

OK Here's my two pen'north. First one about 1944, sorry about the white flash mark - but god I was gorgeous! Second one in Maderia in 2005....oh well.

lovely bernard..what a handsome couple you and the wife make on both pics....:)

ok then charlie..you were gorgeous:D seriously they are both smashing pics....i wonder who will be the next brave member to post their pics...im still waiting to see somebodys legs but i think hes ignoring my post...cant think why;)

lyn...

Sorry Lyn. There are no pics of my legs. Too many people complain about my face so I won't make them suffer my legs aswell:p

That's a lovely photo of you Eric.:)

If you are having a problem uploading photos, if you scroll down to 'manage attachments' there is a list of both file types and file size. I tried to upload a Bitmap file yesterday and found that the forum doesn't upload that file type. Easy to change by saving it to your computer under an acceptable file type.

Last edited:
hi eric...glad you got the pic on at last...what a smashing photo of yourself...love the chubby knees....:)

lyn....

Well I've had a dig into my junk box and this is about all I can find that is suitable for non adult viewing!

Morning ! one or two of us seem to have problems posting photos at one
time or another, I am still using 35mm film, and the lastest one I had put on CDROM I get to the browser page and it goes blank, and a sign says, this
file is not autherized or something like that, oh I just dont know.
cheers Bernard

Thanks Di, will try that. That Black and white Pic of me was scanned on to my PC and uploaded OK, but a recent coloured pic of me although it said it was uploading, it didn't (think its jpeg format, will check). Have no trouble uploading my paintings though !! You say it doesn't accept bitmap, what did you change it to ?
Eric

Last edited:
Di, just tried to upload a painting onto Artwork, no luck, and yet its uploaded onto MY Album on my profile ????? Whats the difference ? Eric

Eric. Had a look at your photos on your profile, and they were very nice. I was most impressed with your water colours though. Loved the one with the dog on a wet and windy day. You are very talented, even if you can't upload pics on to thread.
Lynda:)

through experimentation I find i can upload pics up to 770 kilobytes, when I tried one at 791 kbs it did not upload so the limit must be in between those 2 sizes. Eric

hi eric.. so glad you are managing to sort the problem out..i would not even know where to begin...:rolleyes:

lyn

Hi Eric, I save to Jpg and there is never a prob with it. I usually find that a good size for the Forum is between 400/500kb. When you have uploaded a few times it will all become clear and you will realise where you have been going wrong.
Good Luck and don't give up.:)

Di Poppett, have found by experimentation I can upload to 770kbs, tried one at 791kbs and no go, so anything above 770kbs will have to be resized. Tried to upload a painting of my Wife (926 kbs), no go , resized it to 626 kbs and uploaded to Artwork OK. Had no problems before server changeover last week. Eric

nice one john...and how good to have both pics taken from the same spot...

cheers...

lyn:)

Me growing up (sorry about the FULL MONTY) the two guys on either side of me in the last pic are my brother & cousin

I have enjoyed looking at all your before and after pics, it seems to me that the fellas change less ( except for hair sometimes ) as they age, although smiles never do. :D

OK, my turn,:redface: these are the only ones I can find stored on my computer the group one was taken in 1955,in Germany, I'm the one in the center, with the pint, the other was taken this March,with my wife Mo onthe left and my sister Shirley (on avist from the States)

Back