• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

beehive

M

midlandsafc

Hi Maurice
The Beehive department store was in Albert Street which was in the Town, off Dale End/High Street
You bicycle though came from Aston
Best Regards Cobber

Beehive at Christmas

Does anybody remember, the Beehive Father Christmas :?: , the one Christmas i seem to remember that they did an undersea grotto, very naff, but i believed it :!: :eek: i couldn't understand how we could be transported down under the sea in a submarine, and find Santa in his grotto, got a pressy for about 1/- and then had a wander round looking at Neptune's world. Got back into the sub made our journey to dry land and promptly forgot about it (until now!)

With maturity ( :!: :?: ) i suppose it was a lift (education wasn't wasted on me was it :?: ) :idea: but it might not even have been a lift - just a cabin with portholes, that was bounced about, (think about it) and then we went out of the :arrow: end door. So naive, so innocent.

My mother was a cook in the canteen at The beehive during the late 40's early 50's.It was in Albert Street.

it was the House that Jack built in Newtown Row.There have been lots of postings about it on this site

Back