• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Beatrice Hughes-

elle-jay

master brummie
Hi can anyone help me trace historic address for Beatrice Hughes born 4th August 1883 her husband was Samuel Roland Harris born 1880 both in Birmingham last address is 54 ashwin road handsworth in 1916 when Samuel died I think killed in action but not sure they had one son born 1910 Roland john Harris, my trail has gone cold and would love to know what happened to them. Any help greatly appreciated.

Samuel Roland Harris, died in 1916. Death registered in Bham so he didn't die in action but may have died from wounds.

Roland John Harris died in 1984 in Hampshire death registered New Forest.

They had another son Samuel Leslie b & d in 1907.

It is possible that Beatrice married a William Clifford not long after Samuel's death.

Searching for Beatrice with dob given on the 1939 register lists a Beatrice Clifford living in Bournemouth with a William Clifford. Roland John is not too far away in Lymington.

There is a marriage for a Beatrice Harris and a William Clifford registered St Pancras Dec qtr 1916.

It is possible that Beatrice married a William Clifford not long after Samuel's death.

Searching for Beatrice with dob given on the 1939 register lists a Beatrice Clifford living in Bournemouth with a William Clifford. Roland John is not too far away in Lymington.

There is a marriage for a Beatrice Harris and a William Clifford registered St Pancras Dec qtr 1916.
Oh wow thank you so much have you any more detail of those addresses in bornmouth and lymington please ?

Also do you know when she died Please?

All these fit but it would need prove to be certain.

Roland was living at Beirnfels, High Ridge Crescent, New Milton with his wife & m in law. He marries Lilian Mary Snow in 1935 and possibly has 2 daughters.

Beatrice is living at 40 Stamford Road, Bournemouth. She possibly dies in 1949, registered Christchurch.

All these fit but it would need prove to be certain.

Roland was living at Beirnfels, High Ridge Crescent, New Milton with his wife & m in law. He marries Lilian Mary Snow in 1935 and possibly has 2 daughters.

Beatrice is living at 40 Stamford Road, Bournemouth. She possibly dies in 1949, registered Christchurch.
Thank you so so much I’m so happy

• Appreciate
Reactions: MWS
Back