• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

BEARDSHAW

S

squashie

Hi
It has been a while since I mentioned my family and wonder if anyone has come across the name BEARDSHAW. I would love to contact descendants of the family who are all from Aston/Witton area.
I have now traced my Fathers line back to 1748 but there are lots of blanks to fill
Anyone help please
Shirley

Hi Shirley:
Just wondering if you have checked the British Home Children's database at Rootsweb. The site mentions 2 Beardshaw orphan children. One, John William Beardshaw and a George Beardshaw, orphan. If you would like more information please let me know.
Isobel Burlton-Wells

Hello
Thanks for your reply. If you have more information I would greatly appreciate it.
Once again, thankyou.
Shirley

Hello Isobel
Meant to say I looked on site but it tells me page not available.
Shirley

Hello Shirley:
If you go to the main page of this site (Astonbrook) and click on site map and then genealogy links - go down about 3/4 of the way and you will see the links for these sites at Rootsweb and many more sites to search. If you have any problems please email me directly and I will email you the links. Tried to copy and paste here but it wouldn't work. I don't know if I can type html sites on this reply.
100,000 children were sent to Canada from the UK.
Good luck
Isobel
[email protected]

Hi Shirley:
Tried to send you a long email message , but it looks as if your hotmail account is full. Do you have another email address that I could send this to as the links are too long to type.
Yes, I would imagine that all people with Beardshaw surnames are linked as is my family name, Burlton that we are researching. It is a very uncommon name and every Burlton in the world is related. One Barnardo orphan boy was sent to Courtland, Ontario. Somewhere along the line someone added an e and made it Burleton.
Best regards
Isobel

Hello Shirley:
It has been a long time since you posted here so I hope you get this message. I know a George Beardshaw quite well and I know he is an orphan that was at the Barnardo Home. I would be happy to help you connect with him.

Hi
It has been a while since I mentioned my family and wonder if anyone has come across the name BEARDSHAW. I would love to contact descendants of the family who are all from Aston/Witton area.
I have now traced my Fathers line back to 1748 but there are lots of blanks to fill
Anyone help please
Shirley
Hello, My grandmother was a Beardshaw - May Beardshaw and her father was Joseph Beardshaw, if this is familiar to you, then let me know and I will let you know what I have. I suspect though Shirley, we have had this conversation before elsewhere. Kind regards, Sandi

Welcome to the forum.
The poster of the message you have replied to is no longer a member of the forum. ("Guest" under their name next to their avatar) - they will only be able to reply if they rejoin the forum.

Thank you for the welcome and I did not realise Shirley was not here any longer. She is of course my cousin, hence my reply. We have been trying to puzzle out this line for a long time now. Also I work with familysearch, now ROC UK so if I can help at any time please ask. Once again, thank you for your welcome. Sandi

Back