• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

BCFC carling cup winners 2011

Astoness

TRUE BRUMMIE MODERATOR
Staff member
hi folks...went to the civic reception today with daughter kim and thought you may like to see the bit of video i took of the parade of the cup and especially for our blue nose members who live abroad and cant keep up with developments... well done BCFC for bringing the cup back to the midlands..ps i do hope this works... [video=youtube;WgJ93eB_rNA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgJ93eB_rNA[/video]

Last edited:
Great video Lyn - thanks for sharing it with us. Lovely to see the players took their children on to the pitch with them.

thanks pol it was great to be there today....just a couple of pics to finish off....

the fans...
ub40 tribute band who where marvelous..
proud daughter kim....

Last edited:
Hi All'

A good video and pictures but I am sure that there would have been more there had they held the normal opentop bus parade and an appearance on the balcony at the Counciil House as was normal on previous occasions.

Old Boy

hi old boy...pic 2 and 3 was taken before the ground filled up but there was a good few thousand in attendance...but yes i agree it was a shame about not having an open top bus parade.

lyn.

Last edited:
Well done to the Blues ( as much as it may choke me as a Villa fan ) . Can't see why the council have denied them a well deserved parade.

Here's hoping all the Midlands teams can avoid the dreaded R word and fight it out again next season in the Premier League.

Ian.

Thanks for that Lyn, will show it to dad tomorrow - have to agree it's a shame the club seemed to not want to share their triumph with the city - we had planned to take our son and mom and dad into town to see a parade, but wasn't to be,not that it will stop dad from being a Blues fan!!
Sue

Back