• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

BBC Events Seek First-hand Stories from WW2

Hello Members,

My name is Samantha Williams and I'm an assistant producer working for BBC Events, we are producing a concert to commemorate the 70th anniversary of VE Day, the concert will take place at Horse Guards Parade on 9th May 2015.
During the concert we will be showing a series of short videos which will cover a range of genres from conscription, what life was like in the Navy and Army, The Battle of Britain, The Blitz and VE Day itself. As part of the videos we are hoping to feature first hand accounts of this important part of our history and I'd love to hear from anyone who does.
If you'd like to find out more information, or perhaps you have a wonderful story to tell I'd love to hear it, so please email me; [email protected]

Thanks so much for your time and I'll look forward to hearing from you soon.
Sam Williams

Back