• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

BBC 4 Golden Age of Coach Travel

I used to travel on coaches as a young boy with my parents, probably to Rhyll and Blackpool and the likes, I used to hate the travel, they always made
a stop at pub on the return journey were I was bought "ginger beer" (hated the stuff) and most times was travel sick before the trip was over, yes there was always a toilet stop at the side of the road behind a hedge, women first of course. and there was the singing, "bobbing up and down like this" springs to mind from the row of young ladies on the back seat, and many others when everyone would join in. I have that programme recorded and look forward to watching it in the next few days.

goffy

If anyone is interested in viewing the Yelloway coach it is on the car park of a farm shop between Churston Railway station and the quad bike field on the Brixham road.
He then moves to the car park of one of the seafront hotels between Paignton and Torquay when the holiday season starts, at least he did before we moved in 2009.

Not sure if it was moved this year then as it was at the farm shop during May to the end of September. I must add that I only spent a week there in each of those months and it may have been moved away for short periods but it looks a pretty permanent location well tucked up against a hedge.

Back