• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

bath row/acci hosp

Astoness

TRUE BRUMMIE MODERATOR
Staff member
pic of bath row taken from the old accident hospital....

astoness..

pic courtesy of carl chinn birm lives

Ah how that takes me back. I dislocated my kneecap and had to go there - how was I to know that the Scout Jamboree was on in Sutton Park and I would have to wait behind a long line of Scouts who had not been prepared. Broken bones, part severed limbs, burns the lot - I was there for ages.

Like the Austin Ambulance and the Packhard car. quote Louis Dalby you are right about the vehicles LOL as for the Hospital it had one of the best burns units in the country as I found out a good few years ago!

Like the Austin Ambulance and the Packhard car. quote Louis Dalby you are right about the vehicles LOL as for the Hospital it had one of the best burns units in the country as I found out a good few years ago!

I hit a dog outside Shirley Odeon when riding my LE, sent me home on the Bus much to the surprise of the passenger on the No 8 and 13a buses.

Thankyou Astoness for another amazing photo,the memories of this hospital are endless.I stayed overnight with my son and spent hours talking to the matron,the tales she told me,one was the night someone stole an ambulance from outside the front door,the nurses kettles cups and anything that could be carried away were stolen the culprits were often children.Mary

glad you all like that pic...its strange isnt it how one pic can stir up the memories...

lyn

Back