• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Bath Family Tree Look-Up

Dave Bath

master brummie
Hi Guys and Gals,
Can you help?
Since I joined this forum I have always been amazed at how quickly people respond to requests like this, with information as far back as when pussy was a kitten, so as I came across the attached document this morning I thought I would try to obtain the missing info. My cousin provided the information shown whilst researching his side of the family. Now I would like to see how far back the forum experts with the knowledge at their fingertips can take me? Thanks in anticipation.

How's about that then David you're right anticipate no more:)

The folks here certainly helped me Best of luck.

Dave,

That tree shows your mom and dad. But then only shows your grandfather on your dad''s side. Do you know the name of your grandmother on your dad's side? Even just first name will do. It might be better to ask the questions that you want answered re your tree, as the file is not that easy to read. Just a thought.

Ann

Dave,
Assuming that what you have is correct. In 1881 James Bath (born Bristol) is a pipe maker of 13 ct. 2 Aston Rd.. His youngest son was born about 1872, therefore this could be the marriage for James and Sarah. James Bath married Sarah Ann Gale in Birmingham 1872 Jul Sep qtr. vol. 6d page 56. Sarah is widowed by the 1891 cencus. But if you have your grandmother's name, it makes it easier to work back.
Hope this helps
Ann

Dave,

In 1841 William Bath is living in St George Street, Clifton area of Bristol. He is also a pipe maker. There is a christening for a William Bath 16th. June 1811 with parents John and Mary. A possible marriage for William Bath is to an Eliza James 15 August 1831 St George Bristol, not sure on that.

Ann

When putting the name of the wife eg Sarah it is not usual to put Bath next to her christian name,it would be nee Gale, as Bath would not have been the name she was born with.

Dwelling: 13 Ct 2 Aston Rd
Census Place: Aston, Warwick, England
Source: FHL Film 1341724 PRO Ref RG11 Piece 3030 Folio 68 Page 28
Marr Age Sex Birthplace
James BATH M 40 M Bristol, Gloucester, England
Rel: Head
Occ: Tobacco Pipe Maker
Sarah BATH M 27 F Bham, Warwick, England
Rel: Wife
Occ: Tobacco Pipe Maker
Thomas BATH 9 M Bham, Warwick, England
Rel: Son
Occ: Scholar
William BATH 8 M Bham, Warwick, England
James BATH 5 M Bham, Warwick, England
Ernest BATH 1 M Bham, Warwick, England
John BATH 2 m M Bham, Warwick, England

1891 has the addition of Harry age 7
Arthur age 5 and Edith age 3

The parents of James Bath were William and Eliza,who was possibly
Eliza James who married William 1831 August St George Bristol,she would have been 15/16.
Bristol
William Bath age 30 Pipe maker
Eliza age 25
John age 7
Thomas age 2
James age 3 months

Dwelling: No 6 Ct Cheapside
Census Place: Aston, Warwick, England
Source: FHL Film 1341720 PRO Ref RG11 Piece 3012 Folio 109 Page 22
Marr Age Sex Birthplace
John Palmer ARNOLD M 34 M Bham, Warwick, England
Rel: Head
Occ: Brush Maker
Harriet ARNOLD M 35 F Bham, Warwick, England
Rel: Wife
Occ: Brush Drawer
William ARNOLD 14 M Bham, Warwick, England
Occ: Brush Maker
Ada ARNOLD 12 F Bham, Warwick, England
Rel: Dau
Emily ARNOLD 9 F Bham, Warwick, England
James ARNOLD 5 M Bham, Warwick, England
Alice ARNOLD 4 F Bham, Warwick, England
Walter ARNOLD 1 M Bham, Warwick, England

John Palmer Arnold bc 1847 was the son of John Palmer Arnold and Clara Burgess who married in February1836.
1851 16 Ravenhurst Street
John Palmer Arnold age 39 Annuitant
Clara age 36 Gentlewoman
William 13
George 10
Thomas 5
John 4

1861 at 25 Dymoke Street plus James age 5

John Palmer Arnold snr baptised St martin 14th Aug 1811 parents William And ann

Hi Alberta and Ann,
I tried twice to send you both a personal message but after sending it I can find no trace of it so I have produced this post.

Thank you both so much for the information provided. It certainly is an eye opener. I will have to create a graphic version now to see the full picture.

My g/mother on my fathers side was named Selina and after my g/father was killed in WW1, she married Joseph Rogers and gave birth to 2 daughters, Emily and Daisy (both still alive). After he died I believe she married for a 3rd time. If you could now fill in the blanks for me I would be extremely grateful.

Dave,
That's good because I have a marriage Arthur Bath to Selina Bache in 1905.
I'll chech the reference.

Ann

Dave,
The marriage I found was Arthur Bath Selina Bache Aston 1905 Jul Sep volume 6d page 489.
Ann

Dave , Here's the family in 1841 with what may be Clara's brother.
Place: Birmingham -Warwickshire
Civil Parish: B'ham (St Martin)
Address: Coventry St

Surname First name(s) Sex Age Occupation Where Born
ARNOLD John M 25 Independent Warwickshire
ARNOLD Clara F 20 Warwickshire
ARNOLD William M 3 Warwickshire
ARNOLD Georg M 14m Warwickshire
BURGESS John M 15 Porter Warwickshire

Back