• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Barton's Arms High Street Aston

If you use the Opera Browser, which has a free VPN choice, you could move yourself - internet wise - to Europe or somewhere else maybe. That might allow you to view.
Appreciate the info, however, I've just had my laptop completely rebuilt and limiting my downloads to a minimum. Had previous VPN problems so I'll just have to put up with it. Again, I appreciate your help...someone could post the video to FB I guess..
Dave A

Appreciate the info, however, I've just had my laptop completely rebuilt and limiting my downloads to a minimum. Had previous VPN problems so I'll just have to put up with it. Again, I appreciate your help...someone could post the video to FB I guess..
Dave A
It seems someone has posted another option (post 120) so you may see it now. For the record the VPN with Opera is built-in and can be switched on and off so it just requires viewing as any other video or news item, so no download needed - unless you wanted to keep the video of course.

It seems someone has posted another option (post 120) so you may see it now. For the record the VPN with Opera is built-in and can be switched on and off so it just requires viewing as any other video or news item, so no download needed - unless you wanted to keep the video of course.
So the Utube clip on post 120 is the same as one that I am unable to see?
Dave A

I was just doing research on Birmingham (Barton Arms Pub in Aston and Gas Street Basin) for my new book and came across this History Forum. Had to join it and hopefully connect up with old friends. Born in Birmingham, I spent a lot of time at the Elbow Room in Aston and The Old Contemptibles in Edmund Street. Happy to share memories with the rest of the group and look forward to participating in the Forum.

welcome richard...we have an extensive thread for the bartons arms and also plenty to read about gas st basin...enjoy

lyn

Attachments

• 1A95718E-2F62-44F2-A0BA-5005DE705651.jpeg
    1A95718E-2F62-44F2-A0BA-5005DE705651.jpeg
    445 KB · Views: 16
I'm looking for any information on The Bartons Arms in Aston prior to it's rebuild in the early 1900's.

Any information on owners or landlords or even staff would be appreciated as I can't find anything online about it.

Thanks
Vikki

Attachments

• E232BC92-047C-4556-A390-16AFA6FC007C.jpeg
    E232BC92-047C-4556-A390-16AFA6FC007C.jpeg
    127.2 KB · Views: 21
  • 4E4142A9-6B45-4D89-B8BC-5176F58592B6.jpeg
    4E4142A9-6B45-4D89-B8BC-5176F58592B6.jpeg
    216.6 KB · Views: 25
Removed as information already covered in Midlands Pubs link.

Last edited:
I was shocked when I read this in the morning paper today . I have a lot of fond memories of this pub from when I lived in the area . What I'd like to know is , The Red Pub Co from Tipton are holding the licence for this premises , are a company from the Black Country really that qualified to know the temperamennt of the Brummie's I doubt it .

I passed it a couple of times last night. The pub was in darkness, with no boards up at the windows. I hope the local police are keeping an eye on it, because it presently looks an easy target for the vandals, who appear to like nothing better than to destroy our old pubs and don't seem to care about what they are doing.

Back