• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Barton's Arms High Street Aston

thanks for your photo of the bartons froth..it really is a wonderful pub inside and out...bernie i can remember the area as it was..there was a shop further up from the bartons on the same side that i used to go to buy my stockings i can see that shop now..up two big wooden steps... such a shame that the hippodrome had to go as both were great landmarks...if any other members have some new photos of the bartons pub we would love to see them...

lyn
I can only vaguely remember how it was Lyn as it was a place I often travelled through but only once or twice actually visited. Once went to see Bob Monkhouse when he was doing the Golden Shot. I have a faint memory of my Mom saying how her Mom (my Nan died 8 years before I was born) used to visit Uncle's quite a lot.

smashing video froth and that was of course when our lovely jennyann came back to birmingham..

eric you need no publicity..your paintings are legendary....

lyn

Yes Lyn, it was a wonderful day in a wonderful old pub. Still have jennyann's Canadian pennant she gave me, in one of my Wife's Toby Jugs (although that may have been at her next visit at the Bull ?). Eric

Yes Lyn, it was a wonderful day in a wonderful old pub. Still have jennyann's Canadian pennant she gave me, in one of my Wife's Toby Jugs (although that may have been at her next visit at the Bull ?). Eric

yes eric it was a wonderful day made even better by the fact that we were allowed to see the upstairs and sit in that lovely room where jenny gave us a smashing talk...cant be certain but i think that her next trip was to the jewellers arms and i could not attend that one...there again that one could have been before the bartons...we have had so many meets over the years i cant keep track of them all lol

i agree carol as i think a lot of the pics of the bartons are scattered on other threads...nice to have it all tidy lol

I presume the cutting below from 1971 got lost , so am reposting this, and a couple of other photos not posted above

barton_arms_1971.jpg

thank you mike its wonderful to read that article again and see the photos...must admit i had forgotton about those...

lyn

Lyn. I remember meeting her at the Bull with 3 relatives/ friends because I gave her a painting of the pub (the Bull) and of course at the Bartons. Eric

Lyn. I remember meeting her at the Bull with 3 relatives/ friends because I gave her a painting of the pub (the Bull) and of course at the Bartons. Eric

i could be wrong eric but i thought that was shirley not jennyann...shirley came over with 3 rellies and we had a meet at the bull..

Back