• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Barn Street Aston

Graham Beddows

Brummie babby
Memebers of my family during 1850 - 1890, lived in various house in Barn Street and what would haved been the back-back houses listed in census records as courts.
I'm trying to find any old photographs of the the road or courts, can anyone help.

hi graham...must admit i have not heard of barn st in aston but i will have a search for pics for you...

lyn

there is a barn st B5 its off fazeley st so i assume thats the one graham...

Lyn you,r probably right mikee reminded me that area once came under Aston Manor. Dek

Hi Astoness,
Thanks for your reply. The best I can trace is actually in what is digbeth, close to the dogs home. It also runs off Milk street. My Grandad lived in Barn Street and married a girl from milk street. Almost neighbours, I guess.
These address get confusing as they seem to be often miss spelt and the districts change

yes graham..you have the right location but finding any pics is proving difficult...i have one more person i can ask...dont give up though as i always say...they are out there somewhere...

lyn

Hi Lyn
Thanks for your interest and trying to locate photos. Although Barn Street is perhaps a small street and of little national importance, I guess someone may just have an odd photo, tucked away.

GHraham

I'm really sorry, it doesn't seem to be working , I cant see what is wrong it's the right size and format, it's just not picked it up. this seems to be happening a lot lately, I've never had problems before.

I know Mikejee posted an old photo of a shop & delivery van in Barn Street last year. I can't remember what thread it was on though.

Perhaps if he looks in on this thread he may repost it.

Phil

Phil
I think i remember the one you meant, but can't find it now. Possibly it was one i lost when i had on eof my two crashes last year. will post ifi find it. I did search the forum as well and don't seem to find anything.
Mike

Mike

it's probably one of the photos that were lost, to save you the bother of searching further, if you don't mind I will post a copy that I have. It's doesn't show much of Barn St other than a local grocery & sweet shop and a delivery van with St Gabriel's in the background. But in cases like this where there is a of a rarity of photos it is better than nothing.

Phil

DigbethBarnStGabriels1934.jpg

That's fine phil. I think it was a postcard from e-bay. Trouble is nothing happens when i click on your attchment.
Mike

Mike

there seemed to be some sort of a hitch when I first uploaded it, so I made some alterations and it seems to be fine now.

Phil

Back