• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Barbra Streisand

H

Humph3

Took my breath away Alf, I don't know about her's......
Humph

Alf

Gone but not forgotten. R.I.P.
Great stuff humph I'd never heard it before:thumbsup::stare:

H

Humph3

I've always thought she had a special way of interpreting a song and I think sometimes underated, which I also believe happened with someone else who interpreted certain songs well and that was Fred Astair, who didn't have the best voice but knew how to deliver a song....both can send a shiver up my neck....Oops getting a bit serious here.....:)

m.humphreys

master brummie
I could never see what people saw in Barbra but in the mid 60's around 1965/6 I was conned by my my mates and a load of Cadbury girls to go to see her in the West End, all I wanted was a jolly to the smoke but the show..cant recall what is was now, maybe Funny Girl but she gave me goose bumps when she sang.

G G Jean

Brummy Wench.
That was great Alf. Is remember being held up at Heathrow when she arrived and you would not believe the amount of people there were carrying all her clothes etc and of course her minders. Almost missed our connection because of the crowds. Jean.

Alf

If you download and install Spotify you can listen to hundreds of Barbra Streisand songs (on dozens of her albums) all for free. I often listen to her albums on there.

There are over 10 million different songs available on Spotify.

https://www.spotify.com/uk/new-user/

guilbert

Been with Spotify now for about 3 years I have her albums on in the background most day while on the Forum:)

Alf

I could never see what people saw in Barbra but in the mid 60's around 1965/6 I was conned by my my mates and a load of Cadbury girls to go to see her in the West End, all I wanted was a jolly to the smoke but the show..cant recall what is was now, maybe Funny Girl but she gave me goose bumps when she sang.

Here you are take your pick of dates

1966 Funny Girl April 13, 1966 – July 16, 1966 at the Prince of Wales Theatre, London.