• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Baptism: 22/07/1776 St Martins

skylark

Proud to be a Brummie !!
Hello, I have found a baptism on IGI, 22/07/1776 @ St Martin's that fits in with a chap I am trying to trace. JOHN OTTEY, parents are William & Jane Ottey. I appreciate that there will not be much info on the baptism records...but I might be lucky if there are other children belonging to this couple who were also baptised at St Martin's. Perhaps someone will be kind enough to have a look at the records for me. Very many thanks. Margaret.

Hi Margaret

There's a baptism for Elisabeth daughter of William and Jane OTTY 14 April 1774 on St Martin's CD, but it's not very clear as is the entry for John. bewdley

Here are some more which may be useful. I have transcribed spellings as written in records

10 January 1773 burial for Jane daughter of William and Jane OTTY
29 December 1778 baptism Peter Thomas son of William and Jane OTTY
30 June 1779 burial for Peter Thomas son of William and Jane OTTEY
28 October 1786 burial William OTTEY
10 November 1786 burial Jane OTTY widow
bewdley

Thank you so much for all this valuable information on the OTTY family...I am helping someone in NZ trace this family connection & I know that they will be thrilled when I tell them of your help, which is much appreciated. Margaret

Back