• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Banbury street

Frothblower

Lubrication In Moderation
Has anyone got any photos of Banbury street when it had houses in it , or the church at the end of the road,which is a car park now, might have been called Bartholomew church because that's the name of the road.
Mom and Dad got married in that church and lived in Banbury street.
I know it's a long shot, but I've got to ask.

Do you mean the Italian Quarter? The church was St Michaels Roman Catholic,there was a Banbury Sq, my family lived there until the 1930s, not sure if there was a Banbury St.

Do you mean the Italian Quarter? The church was St Michaels Roman Catholic,there was a Banbury Sq, my family lived there until the 1930s, not sure if there was a Banbury St.
Thanks for the info sheronb, but I don't think it was that church, because my parents weren't Catholic.

Back