• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

balsall heath

C

citydaveapril13

hello my name is david bibb used to live in balsall heath in vaughton street south i could do with some help with info and any photos of the street ty

Hello and Welcome citydaveapril13,

I always thought Vaughton Street South was more Highgate than Balsall Heath. What period are we talking about before during or after St Martins Flats.

pmc1947

Last edited:
hi ty for your replys i lived in no 48 from the 50s to about 1968 but was away at school for about 6 years regards david ty

Hi Dave, type 'vaughton' into the search box at the top of the page, and a number of posts will appear about Balsall Heath/ Highgate area.

Pom :angel:

ty for info mistress brum and is there anyone that can tell me or have any photos of a public house called " the star " on gooch street opp vaughton street south

hello can anyone tell me how to go about getting old school photos and photos of relatives that were in army but have now passed on ty regards david

Hello David

have you tried friends reunited for school photo's. I'm sorry I can't be of help in relation to army photo's, but I am sure some one here will be able to point you in the right direction.

pmc1947

hello can anyone tell me how to go about getting old school photos and photos of relatives that were in army but have now passed on ty regards david

David go to the Home Page and look down all the Headings and you will find many Pages about World Wars I & 2 you might find something you are looking for there

are there any ex pupils of schools uffculme in moseley or hunters hill in blackwell nr bromsgrove

hi all can any help me im trying to find one set of my wifes grandparents trying to find out when they were married their names are william roberts and harriet roberts nee fowkes and any other info i would be grateful thank you

has anyone got info on pub called the meadway opp poolway shopping centre

Hello Dave,

It was a long way from Balsall Heath, I can tell you that much. It was also a bit of a rough pub at times. I drank in there for a while in the mid eighties. I believe it has like most pubs closed now.

What did you want to know, but I have to admit I don't remember much about it.

As to your other requests people need more information if they are to help you.

Phil

The meadway was knocked down years ago, they built a kwik save there, but now it's a netto, there were quite a few punch ups there, but there was quite a nice bunch of people use there too.

hi dave go to your local library & get a book called[the archive photographs series MOSELEY, BALSALL HEATH,HIGHGATE] ON PAGE48 ,NUMBER,S 17-53,VAUGHTON ST,1956 THE YEAR, THE BOOK HAS MOST OF THE STREET,S PHOTO,S IN HIGHGATE & OF ST, MARTIN,S FLAT,S WHE IT WAS GETTING BUILD [1936] & WHEN IT WAS KNOCKED DOWN [1979-1980] OK,, CHEERO christy

can any one help me find any information on 2 relatives of mine they are arthur bickley born in birmingham do not know birth year but birthday was 27 september and amy wassall again not know birth year but birthday was 31 july

There is a possibility that these are yours:
Arthur Bickley Birth registered Birmingham 4th quarter 1884 vol 6d page 195
Amy Flora Wassall birth registered Birmingham 3rd quarter 1880 vol 6d page 126

hi,every one, a nice photo of the gang in [1968] in front of st martins flat,s, i took this pic,,christy...

Back