• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Balsall Heath Police

Just browsing this thread and on post 28 in 2017 it has a list of police stations in 1933.
It has Erdington , Wilton road, tel 1111 which is still there and later Marsh lane 111 tel. 1132.
My parents lived at 111 Marsh Lane from 1950-1970 my dad was a policeman, we had a blue telephone box on the wall of the house by the front door, we also had an internal phone with direct line to Wilton road.In the days before police radios the beat constables in the area would have come to the blue box to call in at a given time to see they were still safe or perhaps still at work, lol.

There was also a Police Station at Hobs Moat, originally a Warwickshire force station. Not sure when it closed, possibly 70s or 80s.

and one at kinghurst.just down from bacons end.
I certainly remember the Kingshurst police station. Chap in a high powered Vauxhall tried to cut me up at the Coleshill roundabout and ended up hitting my car, he chased me up the road towards bacons end trying to force me off the road. We both ended up in the foyer of Kingshurst police station in a very agitated state, the desk Sergeant told us both to get out or he would arrest the pair of us, we left.

Back