• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Ballie family

Jeanm

HI I wonder if someone can help me? I'm researching my family tree and one of my ancestors, Louisa Poulton worked for the Ballie family. I have a memorial card for her saying, 'she was a faithful servant and friend to the Ballie family for 49 years'. Louisa was born in about 1860. I'm presuming it was in or around Birmingham. I can't find any actual death records as yet.
many thanks

In Chudleigh, Devon in 1881, 1891 & 1901 as a cook/housekeeper to Evan & Louisa Baillie. Death registered Newton Abbot district Jun qtr 1907. Year of birth is 1834ish.

She doesn't seem to be the Louisa Polton b1860, daughter of John & Sarah.

In Chudleigh, Devon in 1881, 1891 & 1901 as a cook/housekeeper to Evan & Louisa Baillie. Death registered Newton Abbot district Jun qtr 1907. Year of birth is 1834ish.

She doesn't seem to be the Louisa Polton b1860, daughter of John & Sarah.
No she doesn't but, thank you. She seems to have just disappeared.

Who are you looking for the Louisa Poulton, housekeeper to the Baillie family or Louisa Poulton b1860?

The Louisa Poulton b1860, possibly dies in 1877, registered Kings Norton.

And as previously mentioned the Louisa Poulton, housekeeper of the Baillie family died in 1907.

It is possibly that the elder Louisa was the younger Louisa's aunt.

Younger Louisa's father was John Poulton and it seems he had a sister called Louisa.

Back