• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

baldwin

williams

master brummie
Hi all, I,m researching the Baldwin Family.In the 1901 census they were living in 126 Long Acre Aston?

G/father;Joseph
G/mother;Ada nee Spencer
May ;Dau.(my mum) 7
Lillian dau;5
Ada ;dau 2
William; son 9 mths

If anyone has any connection to the Family i would love to hear from them

My grandmothers name was Lillian Baldwin, not sure when she was born, she married George Henry Amphlett, do you think she could be the lillian in your search???

Hello Sue, When i read your first post, your surname seemed familiar. My aunt was named Lillian, i seem to remember she lived Yardley way. other members of my family, were May, (my Mum) Ada, Rose, and Herbert. they were a large family, these names are the only ones i know for definate. Regards Jackie

When Lillian was married to George Henry they lived on Cherry Orchard Road Handsworth Wood, I will try and get some more info from my Dad, If he remembers!!!!

Sue x

I Know Harry Baldwin who was a Goalie for 'West Brom' then with 'Brighton and Hove Albion' but have no knowledge of whereabouts he was originally from other than I think it was Longbridge/West Heath way.

Hi Bernie, My Baldwin family was a large one, i believe 12 children were born to my grandparents. i do'nt remember some of the names, so i'm not sure of the footballer. Regards Jackie

Hello williams,

do you know more about the parents? On FreeBMD I saw a possible marriage between Ada Spencer and John Baldwin (not Joseph) in March Q 1892. Could that be them? Do you know more about Ada's background? If her parents were William and Emily I'd be interested to hear about it!

Spencer

Hello Spencer, The marriage you found is the correct one, but on the certificate, it states father, Samuel Spencer. Ada was born in Lancaster, according to the one of the censuses, mother Caroline. Regards Jackie

Hi Jackie,

Thanks for your reply. Shame, no connection, then.

Good luck
Andrew

Back