• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Baldwin Family

williams

master brummie
Still trying to find any relatives of Ada and John Baldwin. They were living at 10 Cope St. ladywood in 1920s, according to the electoral rolls they lived there until the 40s. regards Williams

Hi, just found this thread so apologise for it's lateness.
My Mother was a Baldwin, her father was William " Bill " Baldwin who lived in Anderton Street, Ladywood. Mom was born in 1931 and had a younger brother Laurie, her Mother was May Taylor who also lived in Ladywood.

Whilst the account is still open, Williams hasn't logged on since 2011, so you may not get a reply, Chris.

Maurice :cool:

Hi, just found this thread so apologise for it's lateness.
My Mother was a Baldwin, her father was William " Bill " Baldwin who lived in Anderton Street, Ladywood. Mom was born in 1931 and had a younger brother Laurie, her Mother was May Taylor who also lived in Ladywood.
My dad, Brian Ashley, and your Uncle Laurie grew up together in Ladywood. My Dad is 87 this year he is still in contact with your Uncle Laurie. I have just started to put together my Dad's family tree as he has Alzheimer's and Dementia so I want to do this before it is too late. I have been searching for a family member in this History site but not having much luck. I am searching for a Thomas Culley and Jane Hinsley, my Dad's Grandfather and Grandmother.

Jane Hinsley was born 1876 Bham, daughter of Joseph Hinsley and Charlotte Rhodes.

Thomas Culley was born 1871 Dublin, son of Mark Culley.

Married 14 April 1895 St Mark's

Thomas Culley was actually born 24 May 1871, Balbriggan in the county of Dublin, son of Mark Culley and Sarah Ann Hathway.

Parents weren't Irish, Mark Culley was born Basford, Notts and Sarah Hathaway was born Bham.

My dad, Brian Ashley, and your Uncle Laurie grew up together in Ladywood. My Dad is 87 this year he is still in contact with your Uncle Laurie. I have just started to put together my Dad's family tree as he has Alzheimer's and Dementia so I want to do this before it is too late. I have been searching for a family member in this History site but not having much luck. I am searching for a Thomas Culley and Jane Hinsley, my Dad's Grandfather and Grandmother.
I remember your Dad, he came away with us on a large family holiday to Butlins the one year,I think it was to Bognor Regis.
I wasn't very old but I travelled back home with him and Laurie and was very sick all over the back seat of the car.

Attachments

• Scan_20220220.jpg
    Scan_20220220.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 5
Back