• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Baker Arthur of Buckingham St

loisand

master brummie
I am trying (in vain) to untangle a web, and I will appologise now for any cans of worms that may be unravelled. Arthur Baker is my husbands real father, we know that, he lived at Buckingham Street from 1952 - 1961, which is when we assume that he died, I found a death for an Arthur Baker in Birmingham for around that date, went and got the death certificate yesterday to find that it is possibly the wrong Arthur Baker (99% sure). My husband was adopted after his grandmother died (who lived with Arthur Baker) in 1969 by his biological mother and step father. My husband has not seen or heard from his biological mother or stepfather in nearly 30 years, so I was wondering if you kind people can shed any light. We are interested in contacting anybody that lived in Buckingham Street between 1952 - 1961, especially the following names Baker, Draper, Flynn or Finn and the Bytheway families. The last 2 families hold a significant key to the web, especially because one of those 2 families actually gave my husband his christian name of Barry. My husband remembers spending quite abit of his early years with the last 2 families, any help would be gratefully received, and once again I do appologise for opening a can of worms. A rumour says that Arthur Baker was caught up with on his death bed by the Army police because he had absconded from the army, true or false we don't know. We have managed to squash one rumer and that being my husband was born when his mother was only 14, by eventually being able to get the original birth certificate of my husband. :(

Back