• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Bagot arms

Hi and welcome to Birmingham History Forum. Most of the larger pubs had substantial gardens, some with bowling green too. The Golden Cross even had a market garden. She may be correct as I am sure the Baggot had land on Eachillhurst Road
Thank you for your reply Morturn.

Hi Morturn.Thanks for your reply.My grandfather used to drink at the Baggot on a Saturday lunchtime as well as The Norton in the mid 1960s.Happy days!

Hi Morturn.Thanks for your reply.My grandfather used to drink at the Baggot on a Saturday lunchtime as well as The Norton in the mid 1960s.Happy days!
Your welcome. I did have the odd half in both of those establishments in my younger days too.

What on earth is the problem with people these days:rolleyes:? So many closed pubs become subject to arson attacks and nobody seems to get caught for starting these fires. Off the top of my head, this has happened at The Kingstanding, The Hare & Hounds, The Seventh Trap and now The Bagot.

I used to enjoy having the odd one or three, at The Bagot having worked up a thirst by playing cricket or golf at Pype Hayes Park/Golf Club. Sad to see it has met the same fate, as so many other empty pubs have done.

Does anyone recall - or know of any pictures of - the off license that used to be next to the Bagot? Around 1960/1970s?

its a shame all our british customs and hobbies are being wittled away bit by bit and we just let it happen.At one time a pub would love to have a dart team or a bowling team or even angling team,but now if it dont make money they dont want to know its a crying shame the young will never know about these customs and passtimes.
Well said, i live in Australia now and everytime i come back i notice it more and more.

My family used to own the bagot many years ago! I wasn’t born then but I would love to see if any of you recognise these!? If you have any storeys or photos to share I would love to hear them!
Hi Melly, I sued to drink in the Bagot for a few years in the early nineties and yes some faces look familiar although i cant put names to faces.

I see, the diggers have moved in now, it looks like the building of flats is about to commence, never went in the Bagot, that would have been a silly thing for a Vale Lad to do in the 70s

Back