• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Bad Pool Header

Smudger

master brummie
On my wifes pc she sometimes gets "bad pool header error", & the pc shuts down & takes a while to boot up again. I`ve Googled the problem & all sorts of remedies come up, some which seem really complicated to me. If anyone has a simple solution that a non techie can work with, it would be most welcome. Or alternatively, would a clean re-install solve the problem? Tia. Smudger.

Hi Smudger ... this could be a tricky one with no simple remedies as Google has probably shown you. Provided the photos files etc are backed up it might be worth doing a clean re-install. There is a feature in 'Settings' which makes this easy.

I did one some time ago which did retain my data and photos etc and M/soft listed all the apps etc which I had to reinstall. See my post HERE

Hi Smudger ... this could be a tricky one with no simple remedies as Google has probably shown you. Provided the photos files etc are backed up it might be worth doing a clean re-install. There is a feature in 'Settings' which makes this easy.

I did one some time ago which did retain my data and photos etc and M/soft listed all the apps etc which I had to reinstall. See my post HERE
Hi oldMohawk, ( interesting name by the way ) I suggested to my wife to do a re-install but she`s worried she might lose valuable files (she makes greeting cards) I`ve done a clean re-install on my own machine with no problems but she says she rather put up with the occasional bad poold header than take a risk. I think that`s a polite way of saying she has no confidence in me!! Thanks anyway.

Hi oldMohawk, ( interesting name by the way ) I suggested to my wife to do a re-install but she`s worried she might lose valuable files (she makes greeting cards) I`ve done a clean re-install on my own machine with no problems but she says she rather put up with the occasional bad poold header than take a risk. I think that`s a polite way of saying she has no confidence in me!! Thanks anyway.
Hi Smudger - hopefully your wife has got her computer backed up anyway if she has valuable files in it.
Regarding my username, I used to be a youngMohawk as you can see HERE .... :)

Back