• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

back to backs high street aston

celia

master brummie
hi all
if this is in the wromg place sorry inadvance
was wondering if anybody can help at all
im now back on my family tree picking my way through and found out that my grand mother's father henry roach and his wife beatrice were living in court 6 3 house high street aston birmingham.
can anybody tell me about the back to backs on the high street in aston as i would be very interested to find out
ive looked on google maps and its all changed now so wouldnt know where the back to backs where

looking forward to any information
kind regards
celia

Celia
The houses of court 6 were strictly speaking not actual back to backs, though they did back onto a factory wall, and so had no back entrance.In effect they were the same as back to backs and might well have been so described. Court 6, with only 3 houses is marked in red. court 10 , in green, were actual back to backs.

map_c_1913_showing_court_6_and_court_10.jpg

hi allybest and welcome...if you use the search box at the top of the page there could be one or two photos of barton st somewhere on the forum

lyn

Back