• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Back In Time For Tea, Bbc2

I got 16 without any checking. The ones I got not already mentioned.
1. Poor Me Adam Fath
3. By the light of the silvery moon Wasn't that Al Jolson, Did Flanagan and Allen also record this.
4. Tower of strength Frankie Vaughan My Mum liked that one. It was also a top 10 hit for someone else, was it Johnny Ray.
5. Halfway to Paradise The great Billy Fury.
8. Bobbies Girl Susan Maughan.
12. Mary had a little lamb. Paul Mcartney. Not one of his best.
13. Is actually titled Sha la la la lee.
16. Substitute The Who Seen them live 5 times including Mothers club Erdington in 1968.
21. Delilah Also by the The Sensational Alex Harvey Band. Saw them at Stoke Football ground around 1977.

song no 7 some other guy is a rock "standard" recorded by many artists,including the beatles,tom jones, the searchers and any number of artists.I saw the searchers in chester at the riverpark ballroom { don't be misled by the name,it was a converted pub)when they announced they had just released sweets for my sweet.They had been regular performers in the nw area,but they made their name with that record,and went on to bigger things.....................Mal

Yes no 4 was the most popular version by Frankie Vaughan, and my mum also liked him!

Number 13 is interesting as Sha la la la lee would be the Small Faces, but the lee is missing!

I'm not sure about 3, so will find the position in the programme.

song no 7 some other guy is a rock "standard" recorded by many artists,including the beatles,tom jones, the searchers and any number of artists.I saw the searchers in chester at the riverpark ballroom { don't be misled by the name,it was a converted pub)when they announced they had just released sweets for my sweet.They had been regular performers in the nw area,but they made their name with that record,and went on to bigger things.....................Mal

Will find the position on the programme.

just found this post on another forum....should be good

We make BBC2's series Back in Time for Tea, currently on Tuesday evenings at 8pm. We're looking for West Midlands participants for our next exciting time travelling adventure: Back in Time for School.
We'll be filming in the Birmingham/Coventry area in school holidays this year... living for real the school lessons, uniforms, trips and dinners of yesteryear. Our intrepid class will experience school life from the 1890s to the 1990s - and undoubtedly learn a lot along the way!
If you're a teacher, or parent/guardian of a teenager currently in Year 9 or Year 10, and you would like to find out more about how to apply, please visit walltowall.co.uk and click on Take Part.
Thank you, and good luck!

To be genuinely real ( and I am very dubious, particularly after this series on now) the pupils would have to be caned, have to use an outside toilet and WALK to school

To be genuinely real ( and I am very dubious, particularly after this series on now) the pupils would have to be caned, have to use an outside toilet and WALK to school

somehow mike dont think it will be that realistic:D

3...By the Light of the Silvery Moon starts around 12.25

7...Some other Guy starts around 26.43

The others that have not been named...
2…Nine Times out of Ten
9…She’ll Never Love you Like I Do
10..Let’s Talk about Love
17..Love’s just a Broken Heart

And of course Unlucky for Some No 13. Sha La La.

There seemed a lot of Tom Jones! Glad they included Donovan.
There was an article in the Waitrose weekly paper about the programme, which said that the mother had been quite ill at one point from eating a lot of bread. She doesn't usually eat white flour, apparently, and in the earlier programmes there was an awful lot of bread. They thought, it said, that they would have to call an ambulance as she was doubled up in pain, but she recovered. Whether that was an exaggeration of what actually happened, I don't know.

Completely forgot that one Pedrocut, until I just heard it. Reached No 3 in October 1964 as well. Shame on me.
I could only remember the Small Faces which had almost a similar title.

The 4th programme about the 70s doesn’t put so much emphasis on the music, but I did manage to catch a few in the background...Whic was best 60s or 70s?

1...Ball of Confusion
2...You can get it if you really want
3...Changes
4...Remember the days
5...Join together
6...My Choo ca Choo
7...Money
8...The Hustle
9...Fernando
10..Sunny
11..Rock the Boat
12..Silver Lady
13..Night Fever
14..There’s a Ghost in my House
15..Get it on

Will find the position on the programme.
I came across this thread and thought i would share with all of you that a former session musician with the "Searchers" years 1962 to 1964 called Kevin Liversidge has sadly passed away at the age of 68. He was a drummer in the Band and died on the 3rd July 2020. He was a great friend and will be missed by many. Rest in Peace!

use to love chitterlings mike....to avoid any cooking smells our mom used to buy them ready cooked from a shop on the lozells road.

lyn
we bought em from a shop op barton arms, and eat them in the orient picture house better than popcorn:grinning:

Back