• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

B&W Photograph - colour interpretation

• Thread starter Neville Philpott
  • Start date
N

Neville Philpott

Has anyone ever come across a computer programme that attempts to interpret the colours of clothing in a B&W image?

thank you
Neville..

Is this the sort of thing you are looking for? Click Here or Here

I
cannot think of any other way that it could be done but await suggestions with interest.

Thank you for the links, it looks as though those sites help you to colourise an image.

What i was looking for was something to analyse the various levels in a B&W photograph and suggest what the original colours might have been.

I'm sure there was a computer programme that was able to do this, but how accurate it may have been would be anyones guess...

There are programmes that can do this, however they do as you have said, guess.

They make assumption that darker tones tend to be Blues, Purples and Reds, and with a bit of clever software, it can identify area that would be sky and faces.

But in the end it is a guess.

Back