• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

AVFC old Trinity Rd entrance

cookie273uk

master brummie
A birthday present for someone who eats, sleeps and breathes the Villa
AVFC_Trinity_Rd_entrance.JPG

just doe a post on wittion island and now this cracking painting of avfc. many thanks for this, its made my day, kind reguards sidwho

Frothy,Send me a pic of the Blues and I'll happily paint one to show my impartiality. Cannot be fairer than that
icon7.png
Eric

Eric, one of the best you've done,and I don't mean because of content, I am not a soccer fan, but the detail is brilliant.

Another brilliant work of art Eric like John says the detail is excellent. x

I am a Villa Fan (lapsed) but would have happily painted one for a Blues or Baggies supporter of their ground, must confess I was happy it was the Villa ground, bought back some happy (and not so happy) memories of years ago when I regularly went to matches when football was a sport and not big buisiness. It was painted from an old black and white pic, so colours are purely from memoey of my visits. Eric

Last edited:
Wow Eric I would love to own this painting excuse me for asking is it fo sale? I have lots of old programmes with this veiw, and others of my beloved Villa Park so if I can help in any way with pic's you haven,t got will do gladly.

Kind regards..................

Hi Cookie,

An excellent painting and you have got the colours just about right. The new entrance may be more functional but it has not got the beauty and majesty of the old entrance. I say that as a Blues supporter. In fact, I have visited quite a few away grounds in my life and I would say that the old Trinity Road entrance was the most imposing of all, and that includes Wembley

Old Boy.

i will go along with that old boy....im a baggies fan and the outside of our ground is so plain and ordinary compered to that of aston villas entrance..well done again eric...

lyn

i was just wondering if any of you villa fans know where the original ground was...bet you do..and no googling it lol...

lyn

Hi Lyn,I bet there are some employees of Hirons garden centre who dont know the answer to that one.

Back