• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Avast

Patty

master brummie
Morning all, I downloaded what i thought was a free Avast, it has been going fine but yesterday i am getting a red suare at the bottom saying it is runnig out, and this morning it says I have only 21 days left of this security. Did I download the wrong one????? I am sure I used Paul's link.
I am going away tuesday for 3 weeks and need to sort this before I go. If it is good I dont mind paying, but if I can get one for free that does the job better still. I have to go out soon to get some last minute things but will be on when i get back
Thanks Patty

Hi Patty,did you register with Avast and get the license key?
I use Avast and it is good!
I think if you hit the icon it should say that you need to register it,then you get an email with the license key.

Hi Patty,

I use Avast, you have to re-register every 12 months, its straightforward just follow the link, and its still free.

Macca

Thanks Ladylinda i have done all that and it said I can use it for another year, do you have to do this every year?? I must say when that american voice came on telling you it had updated it made me jump

Do I have the same license key number?? shall I keep hold of this number or do they give you a new one?

And I didn't even get a chance to reply.
sobbing.gif

I did weeks ago, I left mine till the last minute and they came back o me and offered an extra 21 months and gave me a licence key at the same time.

I posted this at the time its in the posts somewhere:rolleyes:

Confusin' innit? I thought it was 14 months. Whatever, it's good value for the money.
humba.gif

Hi Patty...I have been with Avast for a few months on the recommendation of some of the forum members who use it. No problems. Very pleased with it.

Florence :)

I have a nothing monthly Direct Debit not paid back over 21 months with the Bank of Toyland PLC:rolleyes:

Back