• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

August 2009 edition Greener’s grocers by Michael Partridge

Astoness

TRUE BRUMMIE MODERATOR
Staff member
hi folks....ive just been reading the latest brummagem...:):) brillient as usual and can i just say how much i enjoyed wendys hubby michaels memories of his time working at greeners..nice one michael....

lyn:):):)

Thanks Lyn this months is a good one. Carl has added some smashing photo's to Michael's piece. I often wonder how many of the other articles are written by our members, perhaps if they let us know because we don't know everyones name. There is a lovely photo taken outside The Grapes in Heneage Street. The chap in the mac looks like Michael's uncle Albert Partridge. I will scan the contents and post it later.:):)

hi wend...just looking at the grapes pic...be great if you could confirm if it is michaels uncle...we never know who or what will turn up in the mag do we.....

lyn:)

Hi Wendy

I had an article printed in the Brummegem magazine in March this year. I grew up in Alum Rock and I just wrote memories of that. I had lots of emails from all over the place afterwards from people who also lived on the "Rock" or who remembered me.
WendyP

hi wendy..how lovely for you..i shall go and sort out that edition and have a look for it...

lyn:):)

Wendy I will have a look too although I think I remember the article as Michael was born in Ralph Road. Thanks for letting us know.:)

Going to collect mine on Monday and are looking forward to reading it. I had to e.mail something through to Carl regards a future issue and he's still working even though he's sat on a beach in Spain.:cooleyes::sweat::sweat: Does he ever stop?. Just took him ten mins to answer. Jean.

Just a quick thought, we review Carl Chinns Brummagem magazine, we have even given him his own section for it, however he does not mention our site anywhere in his magazine, although he mentions some of our sister sites.
Something don't seem right to me.:shocked:

i was just thinking that maybe he didnt know about us but he must as he gave me permission to post the pics off his site onto ours..maybe we could ask him to give us a mention when hes back off his hols....

lyn:):)

Last edited:
Back