• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

August 2008 edition Postie/Jim’s article on War baby in Bordesley Green

W

Wendy

This months Brummagem is a must have. It contains a brilliant account of a War Baby in Bordsley Green by our own Jim Pritchard aka Postie. As always crammed with wonderful photo's and stories. Including one of fire fighters at Marshall and Snelgrove in 1940. This being a subject discussed on the forum recently.

Hi Wendy:

Sounds great. I want to obtain a subscription for the magazine. There was info on here at one point. Can you point me in the right direction please. Thanks a lot.

I hope Wendy does not mind me posting these photo's but Carl e.mailed me to put them on our forum thread. Thought this the most appropriate thread rather than start a new one. A man true to his word he was abroad on holiday and said he would sort a couple when he got home. The first is Carl at Tommy Monk's pub with grandad Chinn and Uncle Ron taken in 1959 when Carl was just three. The second was Carl and Darryl with their mom and dad. Sylvia was from Whitehouse Street Aston and Buck from Studley Street Sparkbrook. Thanks for sending these Carl. Jean.

Last edited:
Back