• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Attached Thumbnails.

Betty Hopper

master brummie
Can someone please help ? I am clicking on it but nothing happens. Most frustrating ! !

{ you will notice, by where I have placed my plea. I am blaming my lap top ! ! !}

Just read my message ? the thing I am clicking on is the attached thumbnails. !!!!!!

One day I will get the hang of computers.

Betty

Hi Betty, don't blame your laptop!!!
"attached thumbnails" that do not work,probably relate to pictures posted some time ago which were lost when we had problems with the site etc and they may not have been replaced yet.
Sometimes if you scroll down to a later post in the thread the pic may have been reposted?

Hello again,

I have waited for new pictures to be posted but I still cannot pick them up.!!

I can get the ones saying attachment with a number , but not the thumbnail ones.

I am missing such a big part of my history !!!!

Any suggestions gratefully received.

Betty

Hi Betty,

Just a check -

Can you see a picture of a cat when you click on the thumbnail I have put on below ...

Can you also see a picture of the same cat when you click on the thumbnail in the grey 'Attached Thumbnails' box below ....

Also can you advise the name of a Thread and the number of a Post in that thread which has a picture you cannot see ?

oldmohawk

index.php

Attachments

• Bella.JPG
    Bella.JPG
    90.4 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Hello Oldmahawk,

I can see both of the cats but the first one was enlarged but the second one was normal.

So sorry but I cannot remember which post it was but it was first thing this morning.

I have never been able to get these pictures but only just got around to ask for help.

Many, many thanks,

Betty

When you've clicked on a thumbnail and you see the picture,click on the picture and it will enlarge

Hello Betty

Well, you can certainly see up-to-date pictures on the forum.

In October 2011 someone attacked the forum and destroyed all the pictures so no one can see any of the pictures that were put on before that date.
The old posts still have the attachment labels pointing to the old photos but unfortunately the photos are not there.

Many members have put their old photos back with 'edit' but it is a long job and some may never be put back.

If there is a particular missing picture in an old thread that you want to see, then identify the thread and someone may have previously saved the old photo and can put it back on.

oldmohawk

Hello Oldmohawk,
I am getting confused. Yes I could see the pictures of the cats, but I did not have to click on them. They were already on the page when I selected it ! ! Does this make a difference ????
I was aware of the problems with the site but I have never been able to pick up these thumbnails things.
Never mind, thank you for trying, I suppose I will have to reconcile myself to not having pictures.
Betty.

Betty next time it happens can you please give details of the respective post and the date of that post. I am totally confused now as to whether your problem is with Lost Images or a general problem with images.

One we have the details requested we may be able to offer advice.

Back