• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Astons of Handsworth

N

neets

Hello all,

Wondering if there are any ASTON resesearchers out there???

THOMASASTON was born 1802 in Hagley, Worcestershire, ENG, and died 1868 in Staffordshire, ENG. Thomas was the Schoolmaster of Rosehill Boarding school 1828-1851ish. He married SARAH ??? Abt. 1825 in Handsworth Staffordshire ENG. She was born Abt. 1801, and died Abt. 1873.

Children of T
HOMAS ASTON and SARAH are:

i. T​
HEOPHILUSASTON, b. 1826.
ii. T
HOMAS FULLER ASTON, b. 1 December 1829, Handsworth Staffordshire ENG;
d. 22 May 1885, Melbourne, VIC.
iii. H
ENRY ASTON, b. 1832.
iv. A
RTHUR ASTON, b. 1836.
v. E
LLEN ASTON, b. 1837.
vi. C
LARA Lavinia ASTON, b. 1838.
vii. L
OUISA ASTON, b. 1838.

Would love to chat and swap info....
Anita Australia:553:​

hello
hope the following is helpful

thomas fuller aston christened 6.1.1829
henry howard aston chr 12.11.1831
arthur harris aston b. 21.10.1835 chr 28.5.1837
ellen catharine aston chr 21.1.1827
clara lavinia aston chr 9.4.1838
louisa charlotte aston chr 27.4.1823

all at st marys handsworth with parents thomas aston and sarah

info from igi register

chris

Hi Chris

I assume the Ellen birth should be 1837 and if you can confirm the date for Louisa as 1823, not 1838 as Anita said, then that could mean the marriage of Thomas and Sarah was some years earlier than Anita suspected

bren

yes bren i realise the dates dont all match up but ive just given the info from the latter day saints site which of course may not be right so cant confirm either way.

chris

If you look at Thomas, Henry and Arthur they all have what i call "surname" middle names and we know that a lot of families used to follow naming patterns, it is possible one of these is the maiden name of Sarah.

bren

Thanks Guys for everything...my dates are possibly a little out of whack, but the names are all mine!

Anita Australia

Chris ,your IGI birth records are extracted from the actual parish baptism register so they are correct,the records to be wary of are submitted ones.

Back