• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Aston's Art

Aston All of your artwork is absolutlely fabulous and the sketches of your grandchildren are brilliant, I find it quite hard to sketch faces but you've got it spot on.

Aston Glad you are keeping on with the Artwork.....if we had a bit of sun and dry for a day I would be on the cut with my paints having a go at watercolours ...but as it is it would all be washed away

Superb pictures Aston. I so appreciate the way you have captured St. David's in those sketches. Thanks for posting them. I like Wales very much.

Did you men have training in architcture by any chance it all looks very professional to me

Well done Aston made me look at my Oils and Water Colours.:Aah: in a sorry state at the moment, must have a sort out.:)

This is the first time I have looked through this thread and thoroughtly enjoyed those lovely works of art. All so very different. I didn't realise you had such a tallent and don't know how I missed them unless I hadn't joined at the time. Have you done any more since?. Jean.

Hi GG J, JUST BACK FROM CORNWALL (ST IVES) HAVE NOT DONE MUCH OF LATE BUT THANKS FOR YOUR COMMENTS
GLAD TO BE BACK WITH YOU FOLKS
THE BARON (ASTON)

Its been some time from when I took up my pencil or brushes but this one I did on hols june this year.
Any one got more to share????

Temple_near_Aswan.jpg
Aston, this is my last holiday painting a watercolour I painted 3 years ago (have done quite a few other paintings since but not holiday), I would very much like to see other members contributions, 'm sure there must be some. Eric

Last edited:
WOW:):) What great talant both of you have. Have missed this thread previously, but have really enjoyed looking at the artwork :)

Eric, I love the picture Aswan, it's fantastic.....:):)

Baron, admirable works, enjoyed seeing them. There once was quite a selection of other members work on ' Original Artwork' thread such as Mayfield. Di Poppit's, Stitchers etc... nine (including yourself) altogether, unfortunately they were all hacked and nobody but me as bothered to replace them, such a pity. Any way, nice to see yours again, are they Oils or Acrylics ?? Eric

Oils Eric & I thank you foir yours & others kind comments I could not find all the ones that I posted in the past ( prior to Hacking) but if I can get into my loft I will update.

regatds to all Keith

Back