• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Aston Villa history

Thank you so much for these fantastic pictures. Wonderful that you still have the Argus #110. My dad kept his copy for years and years but like a lot of things in our house got either lost or thrown away. Remembering going into town to see the team on the coach with the cup. My dad shouted something to Johnny Dixon and he acknowledged him. Never forgotten it. Regards,

My first Villa footballing hero. The great Peter McParland.

Peter McParland 1.jpg Peter McParland 7.jpg Peter McParland 3.jpg Peter McParland 2.jpg Peter McParland 4.jpg Peter McParland 5.jpg Peter McParland 6.jpg Peter McParland 8.jpg

These "autographed" pictures are coming up for auction soon. Whilst the pictures may be genuine I suspect the autographs are not despite coming with a certificate of authentication but at a guide price of less than a tenner each I may be tempted to bid. Unlike the season ticket that Pedro posted about which has an estimate of £2 to £3 thousand, far too rich for my blood.

My first Villa footballing hero. The great Peter McParland.

View attachment 161563 View attachment 161564 View attachment 161565 View attachment 161566 View attachment 161567 View attachment 161569 View attachment 161570 View attachment 161571

These "autographed" pictures are coming up for auction soon. Whilst the pictures may be genuine I suspect the autographs are not despite coming with a certificate of authentication but at a guide price of less than a tenner each I may be tempted to bid. Unlike the season ticket that Pedro posted about which has an estimate of £2 to £3 thousand, far too rich for my blood.
Came to live in Plymouth in 63/64 period and lived quite near to us and when we saw him out, he would always speak to us.
\\bob

Does anyone remember Oscar Arce ? The day he signed for the Villa I went down to Villa Park and I remember being allowed into the old Witton End near the players entrance and he came out and spent a few minutes juggling the ball - I was most impressed, I was about 13. In later years I thought of him as a Brazilian but I discovered he was Argentinian and had a Brother- also signed- called Hector.

Back