• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Aston Villa history

I also came across a carrier bag of Programs and fan magazines - here is a Birmingham City one, this is November 1968, apparently a neighbour had a relative who worked around the Midland football grounds and gathered mags, autographs and cuttings , he was having a clear out and they were passed on to my parents, who put it in a cupboard!

img525 1.jpg

Finally although not Birmingham it is near enough, The Albion, note the autographs, to commemorate their visit to Wembley, possibly the last time they went ?

View attachment 156002
These are great pics Steve. I am a Villa supporter but my husband follows baggies. I remember this FA cup final. Great to see the team, especially the lovely Jeff Astle. Bumped into him in Teneriffe one year. Felt as if I’d known him all my life. Went to see them at Wembley against Port Vale in the 92/93 Play offs, Albion winning 3 0. Sue

Back