• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Aston Stage coach 1869

O

O.C.

Aston coach passing the Aris Gazette office in High Street Birmingham 1869 from the Grapic Newspaper

I used to travell on all the time with Grace to Perry Barr it was a No 6  ^-^

Been on top of one for real. It was in a museum , my wife said it was Crief in Derbyshire but l thought it was Coventry

ROD  Not sure about where it was but ALF it was definitely not going anywhere as the horse was made of wood l think.
ROD l was wrong with my spelling        Thats The  Place.

:angel: Well I went on one for real in Ballarat Melbourne Ozz. It was a little scary going around corners. I also went panning for gold, but got nought :2funny:

Chris :angel:

Alf, I thought the Number 6 went from Hamstead to West Bromwich

The No.6 tram went from town through Aston, Perry Barr and on to Kingstanding. When we had buses it was the no.33.

On the main site there is a smashing article about a Tram/bus ride on that route.

I am not going mad then :crazy2: and yes Sylvia I've read that article and it is very good :)

You are not wrong though Oscar, the number 6 bus went from West Brom , and down past the pit in Hamstead, and turned by my aunt Janes front gate. :)

just a small point the trams terminated at Perry Barr out side the old Crown and Cushion

Back