• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Aston Road North

morning alan yes that is what i was thinking..of course if i have to resize them all it will take me a little longer but i think its worth the effort...right i have to be off now...shopping..house duties and grandson duties to perform first but in the words of arnie..."i will be back" :D

morning alan yes that is what i was thinking..of course if i have to resize them all it will take me a little longer but i think its worth the effort...right i have to be off now...shopping..house duties and grandson duties to perform first but in the words of arnie..."i will be back" :D
Hasta la vista. we will waiting.

Good to note your busy day: your health must be greatly improved.
Well I hear ya, regarding Arnie, but I prefer Gen Douglas MacArthur's "I shall return". :D

Good to note your busy day: your health must be greatly improved.
Well I hear ya, regarding Arnie, but I prefer Gen Douglas MacArthur's "I shall return". :D

thanks alan the problems i had in march are improving but now i have got a stinking cold..never mind must plod on :) posting some photos soon so dont go away

lyn

ok folks lets make a start in posting a few...as always happy for these photos to be posted anywhere on the net but if you do could you please try to credit the birmingham history forum...it could be that some have been seen before but heres hoping a lot of them are new ones...enjoy and dont forget your comments and memories are most welcome..if you hover over the photos the caption and date will appear

lyn

Aston Road North  Lee Coachs - 30-10-1953.jpgAston Road North - Phillips Street Aston 20-8-1967.jpgAston Road North - Powell Street Aston 20-8-1967.jpgAston Road North - Yates Street 31-3-1953.jpgAston Road North Aston - 17-12-1963.jpgAston Road North Aston 7-4-1958.jpgAston Road North Aston 10-11-1953.jpgAston Road North Aston 17-4-1958.jpgAston Road North Aston 17-12-1953 a.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Are they all from the same roll of film Lyn ? If so, they’re 1966. See Guinness advert in post #54. Never heard of ‘District Bank’ before.

Great set of photos. Thanks for posting Lyn. Viv.

Are they all from the same roll of film Lyn ? If so, they’re 1966. See Guinness advert in post #54. Never heard of ‘District Bank’ before.

hi viv they are all different years..if you hover over the pics the dates will come up..to be honest re district bank i have not looked at them properly yet...too busy getting them on lol

lyn

i noticed the Guinness advert 1966 but the pic says 1963. whatever the date, they are fantastic photos,

viv i cant see a guiness advert on post 54...i am confused now :rolleyes:

last few folks...there are maybe 6 photos that need resizing so i will do that when i have time...

in the meantime i want to take a much closer look at these photos..need to zoom in and look more closely at the people and the buildings and cars ect...hope they stir memories for some of our members who will know this bit of aston better than i do...where would we be now without the power of the photograph....love the last one of the potato rationing....life was tough back then...

lynAstonRoad North No 66a - Sutton Street Aston.jpgAston-Road-North-1950s-a.jpgThompsons Aston Road North - Sutton Street Aston Potatoe Rationing 1940-41.jpg

Back