• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Aston Pub

Dennis
I think this photo has been on the forum before, and we could not decide if it actually was in Birmingham. The photo seems to be from the 1920s or 30s , and in the 1920s Ansells acquired Lucas & co in Leamington and the West End Brewery in Wolverhampton. So it is very possibly not Birmingham

Mike,

Having said that, the paint looks well worn, and is it actually still a pub at the time of the photograph? I can't see a sign other than the old Ansells blurb on the walls.

Maurice :cool:

Maurice
I thought it was the pub sign on the far right on the picture looking as if it was flat on the wall. Although it could be advertising. Can't tell if it is a post underneath or not.

I think the Ansells sign on the frontage , though possibly not the one on the end of the building, would have been removed if it was no longer a pub.

Dennis
I think this photo has been on the forum before, and we could not decide if it actually was in Birmingham. The photo seems to be from the 1920s or 30s , and in the 1920s Ansells acquired Lucas & co in Leamington and the West End Brewery in Wolverhampton. So it is very possibly not Birmingham

I did think that as well....but I knew you lot would come to my rescue....easily the best History site...!!

Back