• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Aston Pictures

I took some new pics down Aston Hall Road recently, under the Aston Expressway.

On one side is now a hand car wash.

Crowder Brown was a main agent for Vauxhall Bedford, with a spares dept a bodyshop and the main service area, I worked there in 1973/74, started off in the stores (left hand side of the building) but left for a better offer at MCA (motorcycle spares) Victoria Rd B6,

PS, I would love a photo of the Crowder Brown building, if one exists, Regards, Tony.

Crowder Brown was a main agent for Vauxhall Bedford in Lozells Rd, I worked there in the early/mid 70s, I began in the stores (there were a stores dept, a bodyshop and a large service area) but after being refused a post in the bodyshop eventually left for a better offer at MCA Victoria Rd B6, the C/B building was situated near to the pub (the name escapes me) at the V junction of (was it Heathfield Rd ?) it was a large site and hopefully someone out there has a photo of the said building which would be nice to see again after all these years,

Hope I've cleared this little matter up for you? Regards,m Tony.

Crowder Brown was a main agent for Vauxhall Bedford, with a spares dept a bodyshop and the main service area, I worked there in 1973/74, started off in the stores (left hand side of the building) but left for a better offer at MCA (motorcycle spares) Victoria Rd B6,

PS, I would love a photo of the Crowder Brown building, if one exists, Regards, Tony.

hi tony is this what you are looking for click on photo to enlarge...i see you have been a member for a couple of years now but have you seen the aston and lozells thread...the photos are amazing and include the crowder and brown one..click on the link below to take you to the thread and start viewing from post 1...all the best

lyn

https://birminghamhistory.co.uk/for...ton-pic-reposted&highlight=aston+lozells+pics

Attachments

• Lozells20Rd_2011.jpg
    Lozells20Rd_2011.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 114
Hi, has anyone got any pictures of Lichfield Road, Sutherland st. My father in law lived at 2/22 Dawlish Terrace, in 1927 he is always talking of the old days and memories.

Jackie

waterworks-sutherland st.JPG 314.jpg Hi Jackie, here are photos of both ends of Sutherland street, unfortunately, I have never seen any of the actual street.

how strange....i was only looking at the pic on post 533 this morning....smashing photo and could be anywhere in aston...

nn.jpeg

1953 and the actual Aston Brook is visible whilst the culvert is being repaired.
what street is this please?

its high st aston with work going on at hockley/aston brook...one of my favourite photos

lyn

its high st aston with work going on at hockley/aston brook...one of my favourite photos

lyn
Mine too Lyn and thank you. Did you see my question to you re your wonderful Park Road pictures? I was wondering where they came from.

Last edited:
img056.jpg

img060.jpg

I have no idea why I would save thes two photo's because I have no known connections or memories of the roads. The pictures are (top) 138-142 Church Street, and (bottom) is 55-56-57Barker Street. Both in Lozells and both from 1981. The houses in the bottom picture are from 1840.
Are these two pictures where they say they are. I have got a bit confused

yes a s wood the locations are correct and the houses in both photos are still there

lyn

Back