• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Aston Pictures

Yet more wonderful photo's Thank you Ray for sharing them with us. Nice clear streets with no traffic!

wow ray...yet again brillient pics...you are so lucky to have them but more important we are so lucky that you are sharing them with us....the pub you see in the will st ones is the waterloo..just round the corner from villa st..you should see it now..its falling down and there a tree growing in the middle of it...makes me want to weep....

looking forward to any more you have...

thank you

lyn

Thanks so much Ray , is that Plume st in the middle of the one of Holborn hill? I especially like the one of Union rd. Do you have any of Lichfield rd, Sutherland st and Montague st Aston?

Last edited:
Yes Lichfield Rd. will be along soon along with Aston Cross, and Thompson's a bit of cracklin yum yum and tomatoa sausage meat.

Thanks so much Ray , is that Plume st in the middle of the one of Holborn hill? I especially like the one of Union rd. Do you have any of Lichfield rd, Sutherland st and Montague st Aston?

Ray is that Yew tree road on the first post the fourth out of four?. Brilliant photo's stick with it. Jean.

I received this picture of Aston Cross from Raymond Hawkley who I was with at St. Mary's in the 50's. If I can get a date for it I will let you know.

I received this picture of Aston Cross from Raymond Hawkley who I was with at St. Mary's in the 50's. If I can get a date for it I will let you know.

Isn't that the Golden Cross pub in the pic ? - Ansells Brewery would be behind the photographer on the right ? And the old ITV studios on the left further down the road ?

There was a photographic shop there too I think was called Pelling & Cross

Its a real treat seeing photos of old Aston what you have`nt
seen before . Thank you . please dont run out of photos Ray.
ragga..........

great pic ray the one of wills st where you can just see a little of the angel pub on
the conner and the to houses on the other side of the road people i new lived in the last one and just past them freinds of mind lived there some of them i still see
they will be deligthed to see your pics .thank you for putting them on.

And yet more great photo's Ray.
This is another pic.of the shop on the corner of Holborn Hill & Plume St.
it's my gran and grandad.

Ray. Fabulous pictures there. A few weeks ago I asked if anyone had photos of Stretton Rd, and I am pretty sure that picture 4 in your first post is indeed Stretton Rd and not St. It looks very familiar to me. Anyway, thanks for sharing them, and if you have any more, feel free to post them. Barry.

Ray. Silly me. I have just had a closer look at that picture, and on the right hand side I can clearly see it says Stretton Road. As I say, I have been after a photo of this street for quite a while now, so thanks for that. Barry.

Dave I am sure thats from one of Olton Douglas's books, it look's 60's to me.

Back