• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Aston Photos

WendyB

master brummie
i was wondering if anyone could help with some old photos of Aston. Before my mother passed away she wrote her memoirs which I'm typing up into a small book for my family. They were too poor to have a camera in those days so no photos of Aston. On this forum I've seen a photo of my Nans old shop, corner of Webster & Parliament Streets. There are other photos that I recognize around old Aston. I'd like my children to get a real feel of what her life was like. I live in South Australia now but I was born in Aston 1951. We moved to Great Barr then Perry Barr. 1965 emigrated to Adelaide. My mother's family were McHugh. The story my mum tells is fascinating. Even down to the first German raid on Birmingham. I'd really appreciate any help getting a few photos.

i was wondering if anyone could help with some old photos of Aston. Before my mother passed away she wrote her memoirs which I'm typing up into a small book for my family. They were too poor to have a camera in those days so no photos of Aston. On this forum I've seen a photo of my Nans old shop, corner of Webster & Parliament Streets. There are other photos that I recognize around old Aston. I'd like my children to get a real feel of what her life was like. I live in South Australia now but I was born in Aston 1951. We moved to Great Barr then Perry Barr. 1965 emigrated to Adelaide. My mother's family were McHugh. The story my mum tells is fascinating. Even down to the first German raid on Birmingham. I'd really appreciate any help getting a few photos.
Wendy B. If you go to the search box (top right of page), just type in for the Then & Now search, or the Aston (photos reposted) and you will find a lot of old pictures from the Aston area there. Wish you luck with your task.

Hi Wendy,
I was born in Aston in 1949 and have fond memories of the area, some time ago I created an interactive map containing many images including some of Webster Street.

www.leroux.co.uk/parklane/ NOTE: TEMPORARILY DISABLED A NEW VERSION IS BEING CREATED

Last edited:
Hi Wendy was your maiden name Hillier because i was born and bred in Clifton Road Aston and there was a Wendy who lived at the back of our house (32) did you have ginger hair Raz X
Not Hillier, Stevens. Left Aston about 1954 when I was 2 years old. Left England 1965.

Back